Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: WotL OOC Thread IV
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:58 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Quote:
This sounds rather suspicious to Haahqae, he doesn't like following orders and doesn't trust others

Yeah, I was wondering how well that one would sit with him.

Quote:
Is exposing a fundimental flaw in how the narrow-minded fools percieve magic altering the forces of creation or the very fabric of magic? This might be a little dangerous

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you talking about illusion magic? Because no, they are quite familiar with that. Altering the forces of creation or the very fabric of magic would be something like, a Wish spell, or something close to it in power that could fundamentally change the laws of physics, for instance.

Quote:
Hmm, backup plan is to take the test after becoming the most powerful mage on the continent. Surely there's no problems with that? Hmm.. maybe there are.

Well, right now he's only level 3, so considered a 'dabbler.' Once he gains access to level 3 spells at 5th level, if he hasn't taken his Test by that point, he's considered a renegade. That doesn't mean they'll show up at his doorstep, though. If he keeps his head low and his nose clean, he might stay under their radar.

Of course, the most powerful mage on the continent, at this point in the timeline, would be the current Master of Wayreth and Head of the Conclave, Par-Salin. He's level 18. So he'll need to match or beat that.

Quote:
But would Haahqae be wise enough to realize this; or would he assume that there's an extra lair of deception; intrigue and greed behind it all?

Well, he's free to make whatever assumptions he wants. To be fair, it's not exactly something that can be easily disproved.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am 
Knight
Knight

JadedDM wrote:
Quote:
Is exposing a fundimental flaw in how the narrow-minded fools percieve magic altering the forces of creation or the very fabric of magic? This might be a little dangerous

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you talking about illusion magic? Because no, they are quite familiar with that. Altering the forces of creation or the very fabric of magic would be something like, a Wish spell, or something close to it in power that could fundamentally change the laws of physics, for instance.

This reaction is harking way back to Haahqae's backstory and belief system; where he believes that there is little difference between divine magic and arcane magic. (But for some reason all those clumsy power grabbing mages in their robes and towers and stuff seem to think they're completely different! hahaha, the fools). When he learns that altering magic is a big nono; he's worried that him showing the world that divine magic is arcane magic would be considered "altering the forces of creation".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:46 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

No. No, if he did somehow prove that arcane sorcery and divine prayer were the same thing, it would not be 'altering the forces of creation' but rather a massive discovery that would probably make him quite famous. I mean literally altering the forces of creation, like with magic itself. Like time travel, or transporting the world into the Abyss, killing a god, that sort of thing.

ProfileWWW 

Post subject: Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 pm 
Count
Count

So has Shima paid off his debt? Or not?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:42 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

You said you did, so...yes? I transferred 7 STP from your inventory to Tulbas'.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:45 pm 
Count
Count

I did. But I didn't notice that you said so.
Just "...not much has happened to him..." which could be that Tulbas wasn't paid.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Sorry folks, i was our on vacation a few days and forgot to post a note that i'd be away. Back now

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:12 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

TristenC wrote:
Sorry folks, i was our on vacation a few days and forgot to post a note that i'd be away. Back now

I didn't know what to do with your character, so I just assumed he was in a depressed slump for the past two months.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:05 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Sounds appropriate to me after all that has happened, thanks :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

So, funny story.

August 31st was the 4 year anniversary of this game. I completely forgot about it. Actually, I didn't so much forget, as I was super depressed at the time and so it kind of slipped by me.

So long story short, everyone should have received a bonus 4,000 XP last chapter. Whoops. I've made a note to make sure everyone gets it at the end of the current chapter.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:22 pm 
Count
Count

Sorry to hear about the depression.

On the XP thing, stuff happens, don't worry.

However, unless I got it wrong, dont you plan to kill the game at the end of this chapter and do a mages only game? If correct, the XP won't actually help any non-mages unless it's allocated before the end of the chapter..

Anyway, hope you're feeling more like your old self.. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:16 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Well, actually, I said this current chapter would be the penultimate one. However, it may be the last one depending on how things shake out (for instance, if the party wipes).

And I will allow the party's XP to be transferred over to the new game when the time comes, for those who are interested.

ProfileWWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Advanced search