Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:40 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra raises an eyebrow at Burzan, but decides not to say anything because in her mind he sounds pretty damn crazy. He sounds as if he was apart of the crazy cult that was threatening Haven before the army took over. "I'll go," she says. Making sure she has everything, Kendra makes her way into the sewers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:42 am 
Viscount
Viscount

While the warriors pile up at the trap door entrance Tulbas tries to catch a good view of Nora's face. Not the scars interest him. He have seen many since the day of the commotion at the market place, but he tries to see her expression, her eyes. She was good and kind when he met her while she was following Darewind. She helped him rescue Daxia. She was reasonable. Did the 'Fire Storm' burnt all of that too? Is she still naive and being misguided by the leaders she follows? Thinking of 'The leaders she follows' he looks at Kendra and then at Magnus. We are all as feathers carried by a great wind...

Tulbas waits until the fighters and Magnus enter the trap door and then follows.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:38 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra and Tulbas (Harbor District)
Tulbus attempts to maneuver himself into a position to see Nora's face. Her expression is that of coldness. She is a woman who's passions were burned away--literally, perhaps, in this instance--until nothing but black ash was left behind. There's nothing in her gaze to suggest naivety or innocence. She embraced Darewind as a prophet of a true god, but was lied to. But now she's found a real god, and devoted herself fully to her.

Nora notices Tulbas staring at her, and pulls her cowl up further and turns away from him.

Meanwhile, Kendra descends the ladder into the sewers. It's cold, and damp and completely dark. She is completely blind down here. The smell is atrocious, however and she can hear the creaking and dripping of pipes, and the squeaking and scurrying of rats.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:29 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra puts her hand over her mouth and nose as the smell of the sewers invades her nose. Not only that, but the smell alone brings back memories of the last time she was down here, which was no pleasant at all. She stands near the ladder, as she can't see anything, and waits for the others to make their way down.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:24 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas follows after the fighters.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:11 am 
Knight
Knight

“That is… sort of confidential. In truth he’s a bit of a younger god, not many followers yet. And he hasn’t yet ascended. But I believe in him.” I think.

“He stands for knowledge, and justice, and free will, and creativity. And he’s rather short on followers, so he’d rather I thought first and acted second instead of embarked on some overly-perilous scheme which could be made much better with a couple days of scouting, planning and preparation.”

“I wasn’t implying that taking the city back is a bad idea, but I want to make sure that when we do it, we can keep it that way. As far as I’ve been told; we have nothing that can combat a dragon in any way, and that is one of the main tools used by the dragon army. We need to think of a way to protect the city once we take it; be it by preventing any dragons from attacking or by being able to develop weapons that we can use to fight dragons, or by getting aid from the frontline when we take the city. Otherwise, it might be better to live under the iron fist until we can develop a way to protect the city. Failing to take the city could mean our own deaths, but failing to hold the city after it’s taken could mean the deaths of everyone in the city. The dragon army isn’t known for compassion.”

"Now we know that this alliance has figured out a way to fight the dragons. I feel like it might be smart to try and contact them. We need to know if they can send us aid once we take the city, or if they can provide us with dragon lances or the knowledge of how to create them. Or, perhaps, even just knowing that they're planning on causing enough pressure on the dragon army that they couldn't spare enough troops to attack Haven if they lost it."

"Say, does your time river-thing happen to have some people in the free world on the other side you can talk to?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:09 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Sewers, Secret Resistance Hideout)
"Not at the moment," Coroccoco answers. "We've tried to sent messages to the Whitestone Army, but alas, none have gotten through. We are too deep in imperial territory to reach them, and even if we could, they would never be able to reach us at present."

Just then, there's a commotion outside. The secret door opens and Miriam, Arulia, Pen and the two people Haahqae spoke with at the Masked Dragon (the cleric of Paladine and the woman with the eye patch) all enter and close the door behind them. "There's trouble," Pen warns. "A group of imperials are heading this way. We've been found out."

"How many?" asks Coroccoco.

"They're the group that captured that dwarf cleric. I know them by name. Raena, Burzan, Yvette, and Xyleena. They have a cleric of the Dragon Queen with them, as well as the black robe that runs the mageware shop, Magnus, and his apprentice, Tulbas. Finally, the so called Hero of Haven herself, Kendra."

"I didn't want to believe she had really turned," Arulia laments. "But it seems I misjudged her."

"There's no time to worry about that now," the cleric of Paladine states. "We need to get the refugees to safety. Arulia, Coroccoco, I leave that to you. Those of us who can fight will stay behind and keep them busy."

"William, that's suicide," Arulia says, aghast.

"Maybe, maybe not," William replies. "Paladine is with me. Besides, the important thing is the resistance survives. Without it, there's no hope of stopping the empire."

"I'm with you," the eye patched woman says to William.

"Me, too," Pen adds.

"And I," says Miriam.

"I will fight by your side," says an elven man that Haahqae doesn't know.

William looks around. "The goblin, Gobax...where is he? He never showed up? Damn...was he the one who turned us in?" He shakes his head then turns to Haahqae. "Well, it looks like this is going to be your time to show us what you are capable of doing for the resistance, friend."

Kendra and Tulbas (Sewers)
"Any idea which way to go?" asks Raena.

"This way," Magnus says, pointing eastward. "The memories of the innkeeper suggested as such." He looks to Kendra. "Perhaps you would like to take point?"

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:48 am 
Knight
Knight

"Well to start with, my greatest asset I appear to have for the resistance is to improve your rather… liberal approach to planning. I’ll have words with you on the other plan later, and probably explain to you why right now we shouldn’t have to be scrambling. We should just vanish with no trace and leave the army wondering if we ever existed.

"But, there’s no time for that now. Let’s take a look at the situation at hand.

"Raena, Burzan, Yvette and Xyleena are uncivilized bastards who will probably do anything as long as they get to hurt innocent people. Kendra’s just a mercenary who fights for them because it’s the quick and easy path and because their money is good. Magnus is incredibly dangerous and can probably vaporize us on sight. Tulbas is an unreliable slacker who’s fairly incompetent. And… I have no idea who this cleric of the dragon queen is if you don’t name her. But I’m willing to bet that Magnus is the biggest threat in that group. Kendra’s likely to give up if the mission appears to be a failure. And Tulbas probably has no idea what’s going on and might get lost on the way here.

"Our goal is to stall them for long enough to make a clean evacuation. That doesn’t mean we have to fight them head on. Fighting them would probably leave us dead; as Magnus is more powerful than any of us; to the best of my knowledge; and Kendra and Burzan are quite dangerous to get close to.

"I don’t know these tunnels very well, do we have the resources to lay pitfalls to slow them down; throw up fake walls to divert them or draw them apart so we can face just a portion of the group at a time?

"As for my own talents, I’m a fairly good scout, but when it comes to combat my options are rather limited. I have some small skill with a bow or with a sling and I’m good at climbing up to perch spots."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:58 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Sewers, Secret Resistance Hideout)
"I don't think there will be time for pitfalls or fake walls," William states. "They will be upon us in mere minutes. I'll deal with the spellcasters, if Miriam can keep the others off me for a minute or two. I can stop them from casting spells if all goes well."

"I think I can manage that," Miriam replies.

"Me, too," Pen volunteers.

The eye-patched woman says, "Then the gnome and I can pelt them with arrows in the meantime. I'm sure they'll have archers of their own that will be a threat."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Once Magnus points eastwards Tulbas asks, "Did the woman have also memories of the forces we are up against? Do they have mages? Do they have clerics that the church has been seeking lately? If this is a possibility we should prepare for it."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:54 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra takes point, and walks in the direction that Magus pointed towards. "It is doubtful that they are that organized," she says to Tulbas. "Otherwise, those guards up there would have been a lot harder to take out."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:30 am 
Knight
Knight

The eyepatch woman's words "I'm sure they'll have archers of their own that will be a threat." elicit a response from Haahqae.

"Not very good ones. But even a poor archer can get a lucky arrow sometimes. The main threats are their casters and melee combatants. Magnus, Burzan and Kendra are probably the most dangerous of the lot." He hasn't seen Kendra fight much since way back when they were clearing the mine, But she was one of the few who managed to get some magical weapons from that expedition and all reports since then he's heard are that she's exceptionally skilled at using them. It saddens him a bit that his former allies got caught up on the wrong side of this conflict, but Kendra has aways been so distant wrapped up in her own world that he's known her less and less as time went on. And Tulbas is an irresponsible lout, it's not surprising that he got mixed in with the wrong crew. Next time; Haahqae will just leave him in the clutch of the cultists!

Haahqae will pull his bow out from his pack and gather as many arrows from the resistance's supplies as they can spare, and he can reasonably carry with him.

"Where do we meet them?" Haahqae will look for a hiding spot. It would be best to see their enemy before being seen, and being able to measure one's foe to deliver the first blow can sometimes result it in being the last blow as well; and a quick victory. Likely not this time, but every advantage is a much needed one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:47 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Sewers)
"We can only hope this group is as incompetent as you claim," William says.

Everyone grabs some weapons, ammunition and so forth and heads outside, closing the secret door behind them. Almost as soon as they do, Kendra and the others can be seen entering the doorway to the bridge. A river of ooze separates the two parties.

The two groups look at each other in surprise.

Kendra and Tulbas (Sewers)
"I was told that the dwarf and the goblin were the only heretical clerics in the city, and both are dead. But I suppose it's possible there may be more. I doubt they have any mages, unless they are renegades. All of the White and Red Robes have long since left the city," Magnus says.

They come to an opening, and a wooden bridge that crosses a river of ooze. On the other side of the bridge stand several people. There's a woman in armor with red hair that Tulbas recognizes as Miriam. There's an elven man with twin blades that Kendra recognizes as Sadron, of all people. Pen the kender is present, as is Haahqae. The last two neither Kendra or Tulbas recognize. One is a woman with an eye-patch and the other a man in armor with a long sword.

The two groups look at each other in surprise.

Attachments:
File comment: Key:
N - Nora
m - Magnus
X - Xyleena
Y - Yvette
B - Burzan
R - Raena
t - Tulbas
K - Kendra
M - Miriam
S - Sadron
p - Pen
W - William
h - Haahqae
E - Eye-patch Woman
(Each square is about 5' in size.)

Central Haven Sewers 21.jpg
Central Haven Sewers 21.jpg [ 54.97 KiB | Viewed 1679 times ]
  ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:43 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas looks at Miriam in surprise, then quickly shifts to Haaque and his heart lose a beat. He is so sorry to see him as opponent. He decides to avoid attacking him as far as he is not forced to. After all he really liked the little fellow. He always suspected he is a spell caster but he will have to risk it and if he will prove a danger hopefully Magnus will deal with him and not himself.
Assuming people with maces might stand for clerics and with the gods now awakening plus the fact this is one of the people he don't know, Tulbas quickly casts magic missile aiming at him.

===========================================================================
(OOC: Tulbas casts magic missile aiming at William)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:44 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra stands at the front of her side of the bridge with a stunned and sad look upon her face which she is thankful that her group can't see since they are all standing behind her. Though, she is snaps out of her depressed thoughts when she sees magic flying over her shoulder towards the other group. "Tulbas!" Kendra calls out, clearing reprimanding him for his actions. She knows his actions cut off any hope of communicating with the other group, which means she has to fight.

Kendra draws her swords, but she doesn't move to cross the bridge yet as that would clearly be stupid. That would give their archers a chance to pick at them one by one. "Burzan, switch spots with me, but don't cross the bridge yet. Their archers will start picking at you the moment you do. Raena, you're next. Burzan's target is the woman on the front line, so your target is going to be the man. I'm going to take the elf," she says softly to the others. "Raena, we might have to make our way through this muck to get to our targets because walking one by one on this bridge is insane. Xyleena and Yvette are our archers, and your job is to keep the other archers busy. Tulbas, Magus, and Nora we can't leave Xyleena and Yvette to take out the archers. They are going to need help, so if either of you have spells that can help, then do that. Otherwise, focus on helping the warriors. We don't know if there is a cleric or a mage, but sooner or later they will show themselves. Once they do, if one our warriors is free at that point, you'll need to target the spellcasters and clerics. This is the best I can come up with at this point. Unless Burzan and Raena think they can charge down the bridge quick enough to break the front line so that we aren't all trapped on the bridge, then this is the plan."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next

Advanced search