Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:08 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:09 pm 
Knight
Knight

Haahqae feels pain as Kendra's words hit him. Words aren't supposed to hurt like this are they? But why does he feel like he's just been stabbed by an offhand remark?

"Yes. I tried to befriend them months ago. I've learned a lot since then. I've learned a little about how they work, how they think. They don't make friends, and they'll blame their mistakes on whomever they please. No matter what that might mean to anyone else. I'm not as carefree as I used to be. While you were enjoying your cushy job and wedding proposals, I was suffering every day at the hands of the dragonarmy I tried to befriend. And so I studied them. I have always believed in learning, and I have never stopped, even if that means I have to learn from my mistakes."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:06 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

"Arrogant goblin...were we not in such an enclosed space, I'd show you what real flame can do," Magnus threatens. "But for now, I have more important matters to take care of than deal with your nonsense." He casts another spell, causing him to vanish from sight. Gobax swings again, but hits nothing but air. He has no idea where Magnus has gone.

Meanwhile, Haahqae does not find a key on either of the women. He takes Xyleena's armor, the two crossbows, the sabre and the rapier, all of which weighs the gnome down so much he can only move at half speed (he is now moderately encumbered and his movement drops to 3).

When he tries to push the unconscious forms of Xyleena and Yvette, William--who just finished giving a speech about how they are not killers--naturally stops him. "That is not our way. And you will not be able to keep up with us carrying all of that gear. Leave it behind and let's go. Enough time has been wasted." If necessary, he will grab the gnome's wrist and tug him along with him into the next room before closing the secret door. "Let's get going, they will be here soon." He heads to the other side of the room and opens up another secret door, this one leading into a dark passageway.

At Kendra's words, Miriam looks at her with disgust. "Marriage? To that...monster? Disgusting!"

"But if that's true, that makes her a far more valuable hostage than we first thought," Fiona notes.

William also adds, "I know what you are doing, Villain of Haven. I am well aware of the gnome's amoral attitude and his previous attempts to profit from the occupation and prior to that, the Darewind cultists. You cannot turn us against each other by bringing that up. Right now, the fact that he is against you is more important than his previous affiliations. Now let us make haste. This tunnel will bring us to the beta hideout. There, we can plan our next move."

==============

Initiative
Magnus : 6+2 = 8
Shima: 8
Gobax: 7+4 = 11

Round 11!

Magnus casts Invisibility on himself than moves an unknown amount in an unknown direction.
Shima is bleeding out.
Gobax swings his flame blade at Magnus who is invisible (-4 hit) [TH 14] (1d20-4): 11-4 = 7, miss.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:04 am 
King
King

Figuring Magnus wouldnt take the dead end north, and couldn't pass him to the south, Grubnick moves quickly down the narrow bridge to the side; watching for signs of footfalls in the muck and slashing as he goes at what he thinks might be the invisible mage. Arrogance? HAHAhahaa. You're one to speak of arrogance? The Dragon Queens time is drawing short. Don't go down with her like a fool, Magnus.

===
now that i look st the map, the group to the south ought to be able to see Grubnick on the bridge, yes?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:04 pm 
Duke
Duke

"You are giving me way too much credit for being some sort of evil mastermind," Kendra says to William. "I wasn't trying to do anything other than point out a fact," she says with a shake of her head. Perhaps things had happened to Haahqae to make him change his mind. She didn't know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:15 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Being held Tulbas doesn't feel like contributing to the conversation.

==================================================
(OOC: When will the spell fade? And did Tulbas knew Aurilia? I can't remember...)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:03 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae, Kendra and Tulbas (Secret Passage)
Following the tunnel, William suddenly calls for them to stop. "My spell will be wearing off soon. Make sure the mage is gagged, so he cannot cast any spells."

Miriam nods, puts Tulbas down and ties a rag around his mouth.

"I think we're safe for the moment," William says. "So we might as well take a minute to discuss our next move. I believe we should continue with our plan to invade the prefect's mansion. They'll be searching for us in the city, but they won't expect us to go to them. We can catch the prefect off guard and execute our plan."

(OOC: The spell wears off in one round. And Arulia was one of the people who rescued Tulbas from the yuant-ti, so yes, they've met.)

Gobax and Shima (Central Sewers)
Gobax moves through the silence circle, but it suddenly dispels on its own. He swings his flame blade wildly, but sees no sign of Magnus anywhere. He also realizes the battle here has ended. There is no sign of the resistance members, or Kendra or Tulbas. However, the unconscious forms of Burzan, Raena, Yvette, Xyleena are present. It appears they have been bandaged up, but they remain out cold.

Meanwhile, Shima continues to bleed out.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:39 am 
King
King

Cursing under his breath that Magnus got away, Grubnick goes back and heals Shima. Once the Dwarf is up, he goes to where the others had been. There must be some way out...

===
he will look for tracks or signs of where they went, or any odd stonework and ask shima to do the same

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:24 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Now that the hold has faded, Tulbas still doesn't say much, now being gagged. He wonders where did Magnus go and if he ever cared what will be his fate.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:16 pm 
Duke
Duke

"What plan?" Kendra asks. She was a hostage at this point, and there was no way she would be able to get information to the prefect.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:07 pm 
Knight
Knight

"Yeah, I really needed to talk to you about that plan. First of all... once it's done and we've taken the city back and all... how in the Abyss do you plan to prevent the dragonarmy from coming back with a few dragons and razing the city to the ground? Or do you expect the dragonarmy to say 'hey we lost Haven to a motly crew of poorly armed rebels, let's just let them stay free'? Because that's not going to happen.

Second; I have a bunch of points to address about the plan. I've actually been in the mansion; unlike any of you; prisoners excepted; so I have an idea of the layout of the place."

(Haahqae will try and get stronger people to carry the armors)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:43 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae, Kendra and Tulbas (Secret Passage)
"To assassinate the prefect, of course," William tells Kendra. He then turns to Haahqae. "Even if they are willing to destroy the city rather than let it be free, it will signal to other towns that resistance is possible. Our deaths will inspire others to raise up. If enough of us do, the army cannot fend them all off. Our sacrifices will not be in vain."

Gobax and Shima (Central Sewers)
Laying his free hand on Shima, Gobax prays to Sirrion to spare the dwarf's life. Shima suddenly regains consciousness, although his body is battered and severely fatigued. Looking around, the dwarf realizes the battle is over. Only he and Gobax remain. There is no sign of the mage.

Both of them hear a noise coming from the ladder. It sounds like a large group of people have entered the house above and are searching it.

(Gobax casts Cure Light Wounds on Shima, restoring him to 1 HP.)

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:37 am 
Duke
Duke

Shima opens one eye and then the other. "Uurrgh. What happened?"
He sits up groggily and looks around. "Where Magus? And why did the other person stop moving?" and then stands up.

If he's able, the dwarf takes the mace and pats down Nora, looking for documents, keys or valuables, e.g. a weapons permit or a map.

======
Does Shima have Nora's mace?
Is that person still present?

Last edited by Chris1234 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 pm 
Duke
Duke

"I hope you have a very detailed and precise plan," Kendra says. "Otherwise, you most likely won't get past the gate," she admits. "The fact that Haahque got in is...pure luck."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:40 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Hearing the "magnificent" plan of William Tulbas face fall in despair. 'Fanatic. Willing to kill all his friends and himself for the cause. He is not aware that fanatics on both sides are almost the same... And in real life this idealism never works.' He thinks to himself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:47 pm 
King
King

Magnus went invisible and ran off, and i'm not sure what happened to her... Grubnick hears the sounds up the ladder. Rushing to the door where the others had gone he peeks inside and sees no aparrent exit.

I don't think we want to be here when whoever is upstairs comes down. I don't see where the others could have gone, but i think Magnus had to have gone East. Can you walk ok? Grubnick shakes his head at the limited options. West?

===
i realize Grubnick may not know east/west, but the verbage used is to coordinate with the map presuming up is north, any of those can be adjusted to make sense to their perspective

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next

Advanced search