Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:11 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: CH. 16 - Resistance
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:26 pm 
Duke
Duke

Realizing that the dragon is going to kill everyone, Kendra follows after the others to the front lawn as she draws her swords. She has no idea what she is going to do against a dragon, but she was going to have to try to fight it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:02 am 
Viscount
Viscount

'No!!!' Tulbas thinks desperately as his revenge fades away, 'Shield!' and then he quickly casts Grease on the stairs in front of Magnus hoping he will slip and break his neck!

=================================================
(OOC: Can Tulbas run also on the stairs or the dragons blocks them from his angle)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:09 pm 
King
King

gobax tumbles (nwp) for all he is worth away from the baaz and down the stairs to join the others. Once outside he will cast Protection from Fire on William

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:40 am 
Knight
Knight

Just as Haahqae's about to cast a spider climb spell on himself, another chunk of the ceiling lands nearby nearly throwing off the spell.

Turns out this house is going to collapse faster then he's going to be able to get out of it; unless he takes the direct route down the stairs.

The route takes him past a dragon...who can probably smell him and think he's female or something like that. Maybe it's because he bathed before that mission. Or see him and think he's female? No, it was asleep. Either way, he's going to have to be very careful as he passes the dragon today.

(I guess Haahqae will go out to the lawn with the others, then search for escape routes.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:18 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Although his full attention is given to Magnus, for a brief moment Tulbas notices the others run on the steps and he understand his revenge attempt at Magnus might be their doom as well. Even with his blacken heart, a flicker of regret stirs on his soul and instead of casting grease he casts 'Web' spell at Magnus, making sure all it's volume is around Magnus and Magnus alone. He know Magnus might burn the web, but it will hinder his movement and damage him in the process.
Next thing will be his own get away...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:04 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

The entire group makes a beeline for the entrance, heading down the stairs as they collapse behind them. However, Tulbas pauses to cast one more spell--not at the dragon that means to kill them all, but at his mentor. However, Magnus is a far more experienced mage and sees it coming. He's able to avoid the webbing entirely, and continues unabated out the front entrance.

Once everyone is on the front lawn, the rest of the mansion comes down shortly after. The dragon, over a hundred feet in length (and that's not including his tail), is unharmed by the incident. The falling debris bounces off his scaly hide harmlessly, like water off a duck.

Gobax calls on Sirrion's blessing to protect William. A moment later, the dragon turns to face them and takes a deep intake of breath. He breathes a blast of flame around the perimeter of the front lawn, creating a wall of fire. A number of baaz soldiers are trapped on the other side, unable to come to the party's aid, and likewise, the party is now trapped between a massive dragon and a wall of fire.

"WHO AMONG YOU WISHES TO DIE FIRST?" Inferno asks.

==============

Gobax casts Protection from Fire on William for 5 turns (50 rounds).
Tulbas casts Web at Magnus. Magnus makes a saving throw vs. spell (1d20+1): 9+1 = 10, pass. He is not affected.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:27 pm 
Duke
Duke

"Tulbas!" Kendra nearly screams. "You can worry about Magnus later. We have much bigger problems right now!" After all, they are surrounded by a wall of flame with a huge dragon right in front of them, ready to kill them. They need Magnus alive if they wish to survive this mess. "I'm not going to survive very long fighting a dragon in melee without healing," she says to the two clerics in the party. "And I'm the only warrior here. You want me out there as long as possible."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:20 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Hearing the roar of the dragon Tulbas comes to his senses. 'What was that Kedra shouted? They need Magnus to survive? How pathetic and innocent child!! They need that selfish killer?!? Ha! He will try to run away the second he have a chance, backstab them or sell them to the dragon for his life. Since he is still here, maybe he can't Teleport himself as he did once with Tulbas himself. Either he has not the spell or scroll, or the mansion is warded against teleportation.' Tulbas thinks to himself. 'And he is still visible... Maybe he used all of his spells! He is most vulnerable now.' Tulbas gives another look at the dragon and understand these are his last moments alive. He tries once last feat before joining his family...
"Dragon! Hear me! You failed to keep your master alive! You know Magnus and his treachery. He and the priestess both tried to seize Tethys power and you can avenge him now! Instead of capturing this rebel force long ago, Magnus let them flee and reach Tethys. I witnessed it and came here as soon as possible to defend Tethys from the greatest threat which is Magnus! But I was too late, the same as you. You can kill these low wits cowards wanna be rebels afterwards or better capture and torture them, but don't let Magnus get away with his treason! I'll try to do the same!" He then visibly turns toward Magnus and casts 'Acid arrow' at him hoping that pointing the dragon failure and aiming all his rage at Magnus will give the others a chance to flee.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:34 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

HorizonsDream wrote:
"And I'm the only warrior here. You want me out there as long as possible."

"Excuse me?" asks Miriam, readying her sword and shield. "I'm a better warrior than you."

"Yeah, what are we, chopped liver?" asks Pen.

"Now is not the time to bicker," William adds. "We can do that after the dragon is dead. Go, we'll back you up."

BishGada wrote:
"Dragon! Hear me! You failed to keep your master alive! You know Magnus and his treachery. He and the priestess both tried to seize Tethys power and you can avenge him now! Instead of capturing this rebel force long ago, Magnus let them flee and reach Tethys. I witnessed it and came here as soon as possible to defend Tethys from the greatest threat which is Magnus! But I was too late, the same as you. You can kill these low wits cowards wanna be rebels afterwards or better capture and torture them, but don't let Magnus get away with his treason! I'll try to do the same!"

"I HAVE A BETTER IDEA. I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU, ONE BY ONE, INSTEAD," Inferno offers. "THEN I WILL BURN THIS CITY TO THE GROUND, AND INCINERATE EVERYONE IN IT."

==========

(OOC: Okay, Tulbas is attacking Magnus. Can I get actions for Round 1 for Gobax, Haahqae, and Kendra, as well?)

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:30 pm 
King
King

Gobax casts Cure Light Wounds on one of the others (not Kendra)

(Order of priority if the intended recipient is injured: Pen, Miriam, William. If None of them are, he will heal himself)

===

Sorry Horizon, but there is no way in hell i can justify Gobax healing the person who executed his mentor.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Keeping his concentration on killing Magnus Tulbas says, "Kill all of them you will, but please the Dragon Queen by killing Magnus first. He sabotaged Tethys work and almost plainly defied him and by that defied her and severed the connection between you and your rider, harming your soul. The rebels are but his pawns. Look at him now pretend to side with them, using them to try to catch you off guard." Tulbas converse with the Dragon. He have no idea if the legends about the dragons and their riders he read in Raetmal library are true. It is said they share senses so deeply as if their souls are bound together. But it doesn't matter as far it can serve to focus the Dragon rage at Magnus. "Cut the head off and the rest will crumble." He says, not as command but reciting a common phrase as tactic argument.

==================================================
(OOC: Please note that Tulbas said: "Kill all of them you will, and thus sides with the Dragon and exclude himself from the group :))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Advanced search