Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:34 am

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 16 - Resistance
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:24 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Grubnick stands ready. We should strike while the iron is hot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 am 
Viscount
Viscount

After letting the others deal with the immediate threats, Tulbas readies himself to the next battle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:41 am 
Knight
Knight

With the trap disarmed; Haahqae opens the door from the side and waits to see if anything flies out (specifically of the missile or spell variety) before looking inside.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:12 pm 
Duke
Duke

"While I do agree the church is more effective, I should be allowed a go considering that I was just held by them for a few hours," Kendra pointed out. "I'm sure the prefect would allow at least that much."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:42 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae, Tulbas and Gobax (Prefect's Mansion)
Haahqae opens the door to reveal...darkness. And the soft sound of snoring coming from within. No missiles or spells come flying out.

Kendra (Hidden Room, Sewers)
"Our orders are to turn over any elf found to the church immediately," Magnus says. "But...I suppose you can have a bit of fun with him first. Here." He pulls out a wicked looking dagger with serrated edges. "You can use this if he should feel...less than cooperative." He hands it to her.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:52 am 
Viscount
Viscount

==============================================
(OOC: How loud is the snoring? Human like or dragon like? :))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:36 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra takes the dagger from Magus. "Let him up," she says to the Baaz holding Sadron down. "And give me a little privacy. It shouldn't take long."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:46 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

(OOC: More human like, in volume.)

Kendra (Hidden Room, Sewers)
"Privacy? But if he does say something useful, you'll want witnesses to verify it. Don't worry. Neither I, or the troops here, are squeamish if that is what you are worried about." The baaz snicker as the force Sadron up to his feet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:19 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Grubnick peers insofe to see of there are any traps or if his infravision detects anything

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:44 am 
Knight
Knight

Well that seems almost too quiet. Either this prefect sleeps really soundly; or there's some trickery at play here. Perhaps I could send in a little scount first. No, don't worry, not you. I can summon something a lot less smart and pretty to test with; like say maybe a spider.

Haahqae takes a step back and uses a conjuration cantrip to summon a spider in the room.

If there is an illusion; it might block sight to the spider even though we would normally be able to see it clearly. Or maybe we'd be able to see it; but it wouldn't interact with the world as we see it; maybe it'll fail to make tracks though dust or try to climg onto an object that's invisible to us. I know we're in a bit of a rush, but blindly rushing to one's death is hardly what I consider a smart plan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:03 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"When you decide to attack, give me one minute to cast some spells that will let me contribute in the fight." Tulbas requests.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:32 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae and Gobax both peak inside, using their infravision to see within. It is, as expected, a very large master bedroom. Immediately to the left and right of the doors are long benches. On the west wall is a chest, and a door to the northwest. On the east side is a desk and chair, and another door northeast. At the center top is a king sized bed, flanked by two nightstands. Each nightstand contains a candle, but neither is lit. A figure is in the bed, under the covers. That seems to be the source of the snoring sounds.

Haahqae's conjured spider skitters into the room and under one of the benches.

Attachments:
Prefect Mansion 2F 09.jpg
Prefect Mansion 2F 09.jpg [ 124.15 KiB | Viewed 2339 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:54 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Grubnick ducks back out into the hall and relays what he saw to the others quietly.
I can't imagine he slept through the fight just outside his door. My bet; it's a trap.

WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Lookin to kill a Prefect
Borderlands: Ari. Dwarven Cleric of Vulcan. Killin zombies
Waterdeep 5.0: Nix. Tiefling Warkock of Nicniven. Down a famous well, lookin for loot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:50 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra isn't sure how to convey to Sadron that he needs to struggle and try to run because she doesn't want to hear about him being tortured and killed by the church. She can't even imagine what that fate would be like. For the moment though, she has to pretend as if she is really into the idea of torturing Sadron. She takes the blade that she was given, and runs the blunt side of it along Sadron's neck. "You've heard what is to happen to you," Kendra says. "That isn't a pleasant fate. If I was you, I would be struggling to get free because that is a fate worse than death," she explains. "But I might be able to make it a little easier for you, providing you tell me where your rebel friends are, and what they are planning."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:52 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas listens to Gobax and says, "Of course it is a trap. All this mansion is a big trap to begin with..." he mumbles to himself. "The prefect wouldn't fall so easily so it is probably a trap, but the noise of the fight was carried around the house so we must act quickly. Let Haaque report and then let's go in."

======================================

(OOC: Tulbas resists 1st level illusions. Is it also true for fake noises sourced by illusions?)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next

Advanced search