Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:33 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 16 - Resistance
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:21 am 
Knight
Knight

(For some reason I had pictured the drop much larger the last time I was down here. Maybe I was just thinking in terms exagerated due to mouse sized ideas)

Haahqae nods at the others and moves into the washroom, where he'll listen at the door to the warehouse to see if he can detect any guards or servants in the next room.

If he doesn't hear anything, he'll drink from his potion of invisibility then try to open the door slowly (picking the lock if needed). If he does hear something on the other side; he'll listen for a couple of minutes to see if he can figure out how many people, where they are (and if they're moving or patrolling) and if they're likely to leave soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae, Tulbas and Gobax (Prefect's Mansion, Basement)
Haahqae listens at the door, but hears nothing. Drinking another dose of his potion, he fades from the view of others, although he himself feels no change at all. The door is locked, but locked from the inside, so he simply unlatches it and steps out.

The area is exactly as it was before, but strangely there are no guards standing near the prison cells any more. Then again, with Gregeddin dead and Ismene freed, perhaps there were no prisoners left to guard now.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:15 pm 
Duke
Duke

"Yes because doing things all for the sake of nice words is something I regularly do," Kendra says sarcastically. "According to your priest, I'm going to die if I return to Tethys. I'm most likely going to die if I stay in Haven and your rebels succeed in what they are trying to do. My only real choice is to escape and get out of Haven. The only problem with that is that I'm still heavily wounded, so the chances of me making it very far are slim. I'll need a large distraction to get out of Haven."

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:54 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra (Hidden Room, Sewers)
"And go where?" asks Sadron. "Find work under another dragon highlord? Continue oppressing and killing under the Dragon Queen's name?"

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:11 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas squints his eyes at Haaque disappearing location. 'This gnome has more tricks in his sleeves then a circus trickster.' He thinks to himself, then just looks at the party waits to see what Wiliam is planing to do. If long time passes with no event he will suggest, "Well, since the Gnome is not coming back, and since we didn't hear any commotion near the door, either the way is clear or the guards are far away. Let's advance and give Haaque backup in case he needs it."

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:31 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra clenches her hands into fists as she wants nothing more to punch Sadron in the face, but with her being tied up she can't do that. "Sell sword," she finally says.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:37 am 
King
King

Gobax climbs up after Haahque's nod, and prepares himself.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:44 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

While Haahqae is looking around, the washroom door swings open and the rest of the party spills out, making plenty of noise in the process. Had there been any guards down here, they certainly would have heard it all.

"In other words, you'll continue working for the dragonarmy," Sadron says. "Just in a less official capacity."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:36 pm 
Duke
Duke

"Other people need sell swords besides the dragonarmy, Sadron," Kendra says with a shake of her head. "Though, you are obviously going to believe whatever you want, so it doesn't matter what I do or say."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:56 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

"Like who? The people fighting against the Dragonarmy? You've already proven you have no interest in them," Sadron points out. "They've conquered the rest of the continent. They aim to wipe out my people entirely. So who is left that needs sellswords? Who will be left at all when they are done with their evil work?"

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:38 pm 
Knight
Knight

"Shh" Haahqae cautions as he hears the commotion. "Just because there's no guards in ths room doesn't mean that there's none within earshot of an elephant stampede. Now; two doors there. That one leads to upstairs and the kitchens. Seems to me fairly likely that there will be some servants there if no one else. The other way leads to a prison, I don't think there's anyone else in the dungeon at the moment, but there's a chance that there's a back exit to it that would be a more discrete entrance into the building. I'll see what I can find"

Haahqae will then do his best to check out the dungeon to see if it's occupied, and if it's locked. If he doesn't see or hear any guards; he'll proceed into the prison block; unlocking the door if he needs to.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:56 pm 
Duke
Duke

"Yeah, no, I don't have any regard for those fighting against the dragonarmy at all," Kendra says, though there is a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "I've been fully assimilated. I don't know what you want from me at this point Sadron."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:53 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae moves to the dungeon door. There's a little window in the door that allows one to peer inside, but unfortunately it's far too high for the little gnome to reach. Instead, he puts his ear to the door. Not hearing anything on the other side, he then attempts to pick the lock on it. He manages to unlock it easily enough.

Stepping through, he finds it just as he remembered it. However, the three cell blocks are empty this time.

Haahqae attempts to detect noise through the door [DN 25%] (1d100): 34, fail. He hears nothing.
Haahqae attempts to pick the lock on the dungeon door [OL 70%] (1d100): 33, pass.

"Then I guess there's nothing left to say," Sadron replies.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:06 pm 
Knight
Knight

Haahqae crosses the room and tries to peer through the door on the other side (or failing that listen at it) before checking to see if it's locked (if yes; pick the lock). If he doesn't detect anyone and manages to get the door unlocked; he'll go through and see what's on the other side.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:53 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae listens at the door, but hears nothing on the other side. So he begins working on the lock. Once he gets it undone, he enters the next room. There is no second exit, as he had hoped. Rather, it appears to be a torture chamber of some kind.

To the northwest is a torture rack with blood stains on it. East of that is a small table, also stained in blood, with a bloodied dagger on it. West of that is a desk on which sits a spear and a thumbscrew device. On the east wall is a weapon rack with a few more spears on it. Southeast are a pair of barrels. On the south wall is a bench, presumably for watching the 'fun.'

Haahqae attempts to detect noise through the door [DN 25%] (1d100): 53, fail. He hears nothing.
Haahqae attempts to pick the lock on the door [OL 70%] (1d100): 59, pass.

Attachments:
Prefect's Basment 09.jpg
Prefect's Basment 09.jpg [ 246.27 KiB | Viewed 758 times ]
  ProfileWWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

Advanced search