Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:18 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 16 - Resistance
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:49 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

As the group waits behind Tulbas looks carefully at each trying to understand if they are anxious to move on or patient enough to wait for the Gnome scouting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:32 pm 
Duke
Duke

"What happens if the prefect is killed?" Kendra asks. "There is still a whole army in Haven," she points out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:54 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra (Hidden Room, Sewers)
"And that's reason enough to try and kill me?" he asks. "Anyway, it's not about a strategic win. You can't fight an army without an army. You can't fight dragons without dragons. It's about hope. It's about showing the people of Haven that the Dragonarmy is not all powerful. We have to resist tyranny in whatever way we can."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:38 pm 
Duke
Duke

"That was..." Kendra says, but she trails off. "I...I didn't want to fight any of you at all," she finally admits. "I wanted to try to talk first, but someone acted before I could even get a word out," she explains.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 pm 
Knight
Knight

Haahqae will return to the others and explain "No exit that way unfortunately. There does appear to be a few spears if anyone needs additonal weaponry. Otherwise, I don't really recommend going that way. I'll go check the kitchens to see if we happen to be lucky.

And with that he'll be off again, to return to the kitchen and hope that he can sneak through once again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:37 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas looks at William questioningly. 'Oh well... that's quiet an attack we have here... storming the castle...' he smiles slightly to himself and keep waiting with the rest to the little Gnome.

====================================================================
(OOC: Did anyone notice Haahques mouse familiar? If so, and it is evident he has relation with it, Tulbas will suggest Haahque will use it instead of running all around.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:36 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Prefect's Mansion, Kitchen)
Haahqae quietly ascends the stairs to reach the kitchen area. It's dark up here, and there is no activity. At this hour, the kitchen staff is likely asleep unless the prefect suddenly gets a hankering for a midnight snack, that is.

Attachment:
Prefect First Floor 04.jpg
Prefect First Floor 04.jpg [ 528.7 KiB | Viewed 794 times ]

(OOC: The 'h' is where Haahqae is on the map.)

"But once the fighting did start, you still could have fought to disarm or disable. Instead, you fought to kill. To kill me," Sadron points out.

Tulbas and Gobax (Prefect's Mansion, Basement)
"Be prepared for anything," William says.

(OOC: Haahque could answer that definitively, but I'm pretty sure he keeps his familiar hidden under his cap most of the time.)

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:57 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra opens her mouth to say something, but all that comes out is a sigh. "I...I don't have an excuse. I believed you all ready wanted me dead at this point," she explains. "And it isn't as if you pulled any punches yourself," she points out. "Most of these wounds are from you."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:52 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

"My people don't believe in killing, you know that," Sadron points out. "I was only trying to knock you out."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:50 pm 
Duke
Duke

"Huh," Kendra says as she looks over a couple of her slash wounds. "The last time I checked, making someone bleed out is not how you knock someone out."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:40 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

"I told you, my people don't believe in killing. We never have," Sadron says. "And are you really trying to take the moral high ground now? After swearing yourself to the goddess of evil? You are on the wrong side of history, Kendra. And when this is all over, that will be your legacy. That is how people will remember you. As a servant of evil, as a bringer of death and suffering. Are you really okay with that?"

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:19 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"I'm ready." Tulbas says and jumps into a fighting position. It is hard to tell if he is completely sarcastic or takes William words literally. At least playing along will be less boring that standing still. "What exactly do you expect to happen here?" after a moment of thought he adds "Coming to think of it, why attack the prefect and not the High Priestess? If you somehow manage to kill the prefect, his second in command will take over and the army will crash Haven. The army is more organized and used to loses in battle even of high commanders. If you take down the Priestess it might come as harder blow to the goddess and it will make more chaos... or bring more "HOPE" to the people..." As he mentions the High Priestess he thinks to himself, 'Does she have divination power to locate conversations where she is mentioned? ' and he tries to concentrate a bit on her image and their location in the mansion. 'If it won't help at least it won't harm anyone.'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:49 pm 
Duke
Duke

"You're asking if I'm prepared for people to hate me?" Kendra asks. "Because I'm all ready living through that, and yet my total intention through all of this is to help the people of Haven."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm 
Knight
Knight

Haahqae will listen at the doors for rooms 7 and 8 to see if he thinks there's anyone inside; sleeping or otherwise, then investigate room 2 to see if it's being guarded.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Prefect's Mansion, Kitchen)
Haahqae can easily hear the sound of snoozing and snoring behind both of the doors he checks.

Moving to the south, he peeks out the door and confirms there are two baaz sentries in the entry hall, pacing the room and keeping an eye out.

"And do you think you have helped people?" asks Sadron. "Do you still think you even can at this point?"

Tulbas and Gobax (Prefect's Mansion, Basement)
"The army, the clerics and the mages are not as united as they might seem," William explains. "The prefect holds them together, but that alliance is tenuous. Taking him out creates a high probability that the three groups will begin fighting each other in an attempt to fill that power vacuum. In the interim, we can move more freely and do more damage than we could when the city is under lock down."

Tulbas has heard stories that mentioning someone's name makes it easier for them to scry for you. But the high priestess' name is obviously not 'high priestess.' He has no idea what her name is, in fact. She's quite secretive about it.

ProfileWWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Advanced search