Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:48 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:53 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8796
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The humans continue their wandering, passing very close to the camp in the dark without seeing them. Cross bides his time and begins to follow quietly after; his elven nature apparently keeping him unnoticed for the moment. After another 100 yards, the smaller, limping figure collapses with a quiet whimper; quickly shushed by the other two. Cross can now see that the trio consist of an adult man and woman, and an adolescent boy (the injured one).

===
how far behind is he trailing them?

_________________
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs Exploring Deadly Caverns in search of The Crown. Act 2, Scene 4
Genwald: DM. PCs attempting to finish off the Wetrock Goblin tribe. Act 1, Scene 4
Puzzle Dungeon: [Tomb of Horrors] DM. BEGUN! Arrival at the Tomb of Horrors!
WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Survived a Freakin Dragon! Game Ended


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:53 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6166
20 yards.

Does he notice Artanis and Pyros coming his way?

Knowing a call out should rouse the group.
"Hello, are you in need of assistance?" He will call out in common.

"Other men, or just these?"

================================================

"Cross is following them with Fenrir."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:42 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8796
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Artanis stays near the camp, bow ready; unwilling to leave it unattended. The thick woods quickly obscure the camp from Cross' view as he trails the humans.

I see only the three you follow. Fenrir replies.

As Cross calls out, the trio begin to look about frantically in the dark. The man, hesitates and responds in a wavering voice speaking Harmonian. After a moment he repeats himself in a hoarse whisper... Wh. who... who's there?

===
It is up tp you if Pyros follows cross. infravision is 60 feet, so by the time the humans make it 100 yards, Cross is out of sight of the camp.

_________________
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs Exploring Deadly Caverns in search of The Crown. Act 2, Scene 4
Genwald: DM. PCs attempting to finish off the Wetrock Goblin tribe. Act 1, Scene 4
Puzzle Dungeon: [Tomb of Horrors] DM. BEGUN! Arrival at the Tomb of Horrors!
WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Survived a Freakin Dragon! Game Ended


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:59 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6166
"Friends, if you are friendly."

=============

Pyros will leap off to the sound of Cross' voice.

"Are they friendly?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8796
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The male figure moves to interpose himself between the sound of Cross' voice and the other pair; shielding but not threatening. who cast furtive glances in the dark. The other two huddle down behind, making themseves small and hiding as best they can behind his form.

Pyros faintly hears Cross call out and rushes over get a better grasp of the situation.

==
Pyros moves over to where cross is, about 20 yards away from the trio. Fenrir sits perched nearby on a limb above.

_________________
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs Exploring Deadly Caverns in search of The Crown. Act 2, Scene 4
Genwald: DM. PCs attempting to finish off the Wetrock Goblin tribe. Act 1, Scene 4
Puzzle Dungeon: [Tomb of Horrors] DM. BEGUN! Arrival at the Tomb of Horrors!
WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Survived a Freakin Dragon! Game Ended


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6166
"We mean no harm, we are travellers and could offer aid."

=======================

Pyros grabs a torch from his pack and lights it.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:29 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8796
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Pyros lights a torch, casting flickering light in the thick forests. Shadows dance about as the wind whips at the flames. The human man shields his eyes slightly, and the sudden light blinds the Kender and Elf for a moment as their eyes adjust.

Cross and Pyros can now see he is in simple peasant's garb, though dirty and torn as if he had worn them far too long without washing while traveling through the woods no, less.. The light causes the man to cringe, casting shadow over those crouched behind him. Yo.... you would help us He asks, warily

_________________
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs Exploring Deadly Caverns in search of The Crown. Act 2, Scene 4
Genwald: DM. PCs attempting to finish off the Wetrock Goblin tribe. Act 1, Scene 4
Puzzle Dungeon: [Tomb of Horrors] DM. BEGUN! Arrival at the Tomb of Horrors!
WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Survived a Freakin Dragon! Game Ended


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:05 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6166
"Yes, come to our fire, and warm yourself to rest. We have watches, and sturdy folk who protect us."
==============================
Noticing Cross speaking in Common

"Come I even have some rations you could have!" As he gets closer with the torch.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8796
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[sorry, they have been speaking elven. they tried haromian first, then elven]

Th... thank you, we are very hungry.. As Pyros approaches, the man meets his gaze; eyes glowing oddly in the flickering torchlight. A strange sleepiness begins to come over Pyros...

Danger! Predators!! Fenrir sends to Cross.
CAW! Ca-Caw!

Cross can barely make out above the fellow's shoulder a pair of large, orange and tan furred beasts that the man seems unaware of.

===
would you say pyros is potentially wary of the humans before approaching? or possibly excited?

initiative for Cross aand Pyros please.

_________________
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs Exploring Deadly Caverns in search of The Crown. Act 2, Scene 4
Genwald: DM. PCs attempting to finish off the Wetrock Goblin tribe. Act 1, Scene 4
Puzzle Dungeon: [Tomb of Horrors] DM. BEGUN! Arrival at the Tomb of Horrors!
WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Survived a Freakin Dragon! Game Ended


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:33 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6166
You son of a bitch lol!
Pyros' excitement and good nature to help would have overcome his wariness now.
=============================

Initiative: [1d10] = 5
Cross Ini: [1d10] = 9

Cross: Will throw Gar.
Cross to Hit: [1d20] = 6

"Beasts! Get back here Pyros! EVERYONE WAKE UP!" The last part will be said with unusual excitement from Cross.

"Go wake our other friends!"

==========================

"What, what is going on..." Pyros will try to retreat from the man.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8796
Location:
somewhere in the aether
====
ok, ty :) fortunately the excitement helps him, so Pyros can act normally. the init=5 was for pyros, yes]
so pyrs and cross are 80 yards or 240 ft from camp through thick woods. movement is 1/3 normal in the thick forest

walking speed for pyros is therefore 20 ft/rnd. jogging 40ft, run w/str check is 60 ft
of course yhey may be able to hear you beyomd that.

once you update for pyros (now that you know he isn't asleep) i'll post for the others

_________________
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs Exploring Deadly Caverns in search of The Crown. Act 2, Scene 4
Genwald: DM. PCs attempting to finish off the Wetrock Goblin tribe. Act 1, Scene 4
Puzzle Dungeon: [Tomb of Horrors] DM. BEGUN! Arrival at the Tomb of Horrors!
WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Survived a Freakin Dragon! Game Ended


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6166
Yes to the 5 for Pyros. Thank you for the insult? lol
=================================

Pyros will retreat from the people, backing away at first, then starting into a run if he passes.

STR Check(10): [1d20] = 5
===============================

Hopefully a Raven going berserk will rouse everyone lol.

Does Pyros recognize this as the same feeling as the singing Werewolf?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:04 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8796
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Wait… what insult? BTW, did Pyros take the torch with him?]
[Pyros feels like this is a different effect than the wolf-man song. The wolf-men tried to instill Lethargy (slow), this creature is trying to put pyros to Sleep.]


Fenrir takes off immediately to warn the others, winging his way with some difficulty through the forest as fast as he is able. Zipping past the darkened trees, ducking under branches and weaving past trunks and other obstructions; the familiar makes its way back to the other and begins cawing frantically! Back at camp, Artanis and Adrastia begin waking the others, starting with Jerry and Mira. The racket from the Avian is enough to rouse Elsa, Merrick and Adran from their slumber.

Pyros takes off like a bolt through the woods; running nimbly through the dense trees.


Meanwhile, cross prepares to fling Gar into action. The man in front of the white-haired elf grins evilly and hunches over. With a cry of elation, his body begins to bend and swell unnaturally as it re-shapes itself. The snapping of bones and sickening sounds of tearing muscle reach Cross as it begins its transformation. Two furred creatures the size of tall men step around the leader. Lean and lithe looking they loom in the darkness, with orange and tan furred bodies; savage black claws and teeth gleam in the dim and their eyes all but glow with a red-orange light. The heads of monstrous Jackals top the wild figures as they rush forward to take their prey.

The first takes a wide loop around to put Cross between it and the still-transforming man. The other drops to all fours and begins to sprint off through the woods after the Kender, keeping wide of Cross. Passing through the darkened forest several feet to one side of the rushing rogue, it cuts in front of him and rears up to its full height with a high-pitched laughing snarl!

Cross lets Gar fly at his new assailant, but the magical dagger goes wide of the mark.


[Actions R1?]
[J3 cut off pyros’ path through the woods, though he can still try to go around, it is clear the Jackal-creature is faster. Cross now has J2 within melee range behind him, though it moved so much it couldn’t attack this round.]
======
Going to call this Round 0,
will start round 1 on main

Init:
Pyros: 5
J2: 7
J3: 7
J1: 10
Cross: (9+2 Gar): = 11

Fenrir moves double-time (360x2 = 720 ft/rnd) through thick forest terrain (1/3) = 240 feet back to camp and begins cawing loudly

Elsa Con check to wake (13)
[1d20] = 9, Pass! Elsa wakes!

Merrick Con check to wake (12)
[1d20] = 6, Pass! Merrick wakes!

Adran Con check to wake (12)
[1d20] = 6, Pass! Adran wakes!

Con check to wake Elsa, Merrick, Adran [1d20] = 9, [1d20] = 6, [1d20] = 6


Artanis wakes up Mira

Adrastia wakes up Jerry

Pyros bolts through the woods, attempting to run (3x)
Str check (10): [1d20] = 5, pass! Pyros moves 3x speed
3x60 (1/3) terrain = 60 feet.
Pyros is now 180 feet from camp

J2 jogs (2x120 = 240 feet)(1/3) terrain = 60 feet to head off Cross
(cross is 20 yds or 60 ft away)

J3 tries to run
J3 str check to run x3 [1d20] = 10
Pass! J3 runs (3x120 = 360 feet)(1/3) terrain = 120 feet to pass Pyros and stop in front of him.


Attachments:
Jackal-man.jpg
Jackal-man.jpg [ 90.09 KiB | Viewed 7769 times ]

_________________
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs Exploring Deadly Caverns in search of The Crown. Act 2, Scene 4
Genwald: DM. PCs attempting to finish off the Wetrock Goblin tribe. Act 1, Scene 4
Puzzle Dungeon: [Tomb of Horrors] DM. BEGUN! Arrival at the Tomb of Horrors!
WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Survived a Freakin Dragon! Game Ended
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8796
Location:
somewhere in the aether
if you want pyros to attempt to continue 3x move, make a con check at -2. otherwise, is he doing 2x movement once he backs away from the creature?

_________________
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs Exploring Deadly Caverns in search of The Crown. Act 2, Scene 4
Genwald: DM. PCs attempting to finish off the Wetrock Goblin tribe. Act 1, Scene 4
Puzzle Dungeon: [Tomb of Horrors] DM. BEGUN! Arrival at the Tomb of Horrors!
WotL: Grubnick Goblin Cleric of Sirrion. Survived a Freakin Dragon! Game Ended


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6166
Is there a downside other than not running if I fail?


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group