Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:50 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
 Post subject: Re: Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:37 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Fortunately, Jerry had already passed her final check to cross to safety before electing to stay by Merrick's side until he was free. Since she didn't go running back and forth like some of the others, no additional check is necessary for her.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:26 pm 
King
King

Yippeee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:01 am 
King
King

When she goes to help keep the rope secure Jerry takes a position behind Merrick.
She whispers into his ear, "Never got to tell you that I love you."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:43 am 
King
King

======
Tristen, Jerry has two items that I'd forgotten about:
stone vial (found on Jackques' mantle)
silver necklace w/green amber ( Idon't remember where this came from)

Does Jerry know if either of the above are magical?
    If yes, the strength & school ?

And how do you do the Identify spell?
as per PHB?
Or 1 casting = everything about 1 item (that isn't an Artifact/Relic)
Or...?
Thx!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:20 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

So I realize I didnt put my modified version in the rules for this game, but did in the Puzzle dungeon game. I'll copy it into the rules for this one as well.
One would still need the material component, a pearl worth at least 100 gp to be powdered, an owl feather steeped in wine.

The silver necklace w/green amber Jerry purchased from Chales to be used for her Protective Amulet for Colour Spray. I'll notate it on the sheet so there is no confusion later

[copied over from the Classic Puzzle Dungeon rules]

Identify Spell:

I don't really like the way Identify is laid out in the PHB, particularly with the preparation and con penalties. Therefore we will use the following:

Same as PHB except:
Prep time reduced by 1hr/caster level-1, to a min of 1
Con penalty = -8 at 8 hours prep, -6 at 6-7 hrs, -4 at 4-5 hrs, -2 at 2-3 hrs, no penalty at 1 hr.

Ex: Bob a lvl 5 mage casts identify (he can learn 1 property from 5 diff items, 5 properties from 1 item, or any mix)
His preparation time is 4 hours (8hrs base -(level 5-1)). At 4 hours he suffers a -4 con penalty, recovered at 1pt/hr of rest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:40 pm 
King
King

Thx Tristen.
We need to look out for pearls then I guess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:21 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Or save up for them. The bardic ability can sometimes identify traditional magical items, as they did with the eyes of the eagle the Party found

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:32 am 
King
King

======
Jerry wants to do the Nap spell, recover some HP & relearn some spells, do some magical healing and then long term care which I think can cure 3HP/day for up to 6 patients (although I'm not sure how this relates to the 3HP mentioned under Natural Healing, PHB p105).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:37 am 
King
King

======
"Nap" can't be effective on the same person more than once in any 18 hours.
The spell selection will be to a large extent depend on how that will be handled..

Simple version is:
Jerry learns as many Cure spells as she can*, casts all of them (spread around the group), does long term care (6 patients) while other people sleep in shifts (so there are always other people on guard). In between she'll quiety converse, practising Harmoniam if possible, with any still awake but not on guard duty.
16 hours after the "Nap" spell finished, any that have been at Death's Door rocover somewhat (1HP?).
2 or 3 hours after that Jerry could possibly cast another "Nap" with the objective of getting back to having a full "spells ready** for adventuring" selection at (very roughly) the same time as everyone else.

Would the above work?

*e.g. 1. Cure Light Wounds x5; 2. Cure Moderate Wounds x2 and 1. Armour, Burning Hands; 2 Echoes
    **e.g. 1. Cure Light Wounds x2, Faerie Fire, Magic Stone, Protection from Evil, Regenerate Light Wounds; etc.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:30 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Hmm... technically speaking the party is basically waiting the 18 hours for Elsa and Pyros, so by that time the spell would come up again.

Lets count the first round of spells to occur at the end of this scene/thread,
then the second 'nap' spell could be cast in the initial post of the next scene.
However, don't forget that the nap would take up a 2nd level spell slot, so in that case the first round of spells would be CLWx5, CMWx1 Napx1

I'll say the nap would recover 1 hp of natural healing for each person affected.
If the same person were a target of Jerry's healing/herbalism care it would be 3 for each person attended. these will not stack as essentially the Nap is only taking place of a normal 8 hour rest for those affected.

As far as 'spreading the heals around', lets get a little more specific on which spells you want to use on whom. Adventuring Triage ;)
Here is a list of what will be the party hps after the Nap only: (actual hps not provided for npcs, can be roughly inferred by class. old habit.)

Adran: Hurt [6/8 hps]
Adrestia: Full health
Artanis: Hurt
Cross: Hurt Badly
Elsa: About to Die (less than 10%)
Jerry: Hurt Critically [4/18 hps]
Karl: Hurt [20/35 hps]
Merrick: Hurt Critically
Mira: Full health
Pyros: Unconscious but stable. About to Die [-6/17 hps]
Pytor: Hurt Badly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:28 am 
King
King

After 1st "Nap" Jerry prays/memorises:
    1. Cure Light Wounds x5; 2. Cure Moderate Wounds, Nap and 1. Armour, Burning Hands*; 2 Echoes
*If Merrick's Armour spell is depleted, Jerry will replace the BH with memorising a second Armour spell.

She then casts spells as follows (but not necessarily this sequence):
    1) Cure Moderate Wounds on Merrick
    2) CLW on Jerry, Cross and Pytor
    3) Armour on Jerry (*and also Merrick if he needs it).
        The next two are more tricky as I'm not sure about Death's Door effects, so tentatively:
    4) CLW on Pyros (assuming he would get some benefit from it, even if only get him back to 1HP. Otherwise it goes to Karl.)
    5) CLW on Elsa (assuming that Elsa will benefit from the full 1d8HP. Otherwise it goes to Artanis)

Long term care on:
Pyros, Elsa, Pytor, Merrick, Cross, Adran

Does giving long term care prevent spell swopping/scribing?
(Jerry would love to learn another L2 spell from someone & would seek to do so.)

======
Just realised some stuuf:
I have no idea who Karl is! - Please would you refresh me?
I thought everyone was heavily beaten up!! - Does Jerry know how Mira & Adrestia avoided it?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:28 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Chris1234 wrote:
After 1st "Nap" Jerry prays/memorises:
    1. Cure Light Wounds x5; 2. Cure Moderate Wounds, Nap and 1. Armour, Burning Hands*; 2 Echoes
*If Merrick's Armour spell is depleted, Jerry will replace the BH with memorising a second Armour spell.

Jerry confirms with Merrick that his Armor spell is still active (though not at full)

Chris1234 wrote:
She then casts spells as follows (but not necessarily this sequence):
    1) Cure Moderate Wounds on Merrick
    2) CLW on Jerry, Cross and Pytor
    3) Armour on Jerry (*and also Merrick if he needs it).
        The next two are more tricky as I'm not sure about Death's Door effects, so tentatively:
    4) CLW on Pyros (assuming he would get some benefit from it, even if only get him back to 1HP. Otherwise it goes to Karl.)
    5) CLW on Elsa (assuming that Elsa will benefit from the full 1d8HP. Otherwise it goes to Artanis)

Sounds good. Any healing spell would get Pyros to 1 hp. Elsa could only benefit from healing if it were done at the very end of the 18 hour wait/just when Jerry is eligible for her second 'nap'

Can i get some rolls for those?

Chris1234 wrote:
Long term care on:
Pyros, Elsa, Pytor, Merrick, Cross, Adran

Does giving long term care prevent spell swopping/scribing?
(Jerry would love to learn another L2 spell from someone & would seek to do so.)

Sounds good, everyone under the long term care will get 3 hps from that
Long term care is more like checking in on them every now and then, making them comfortable, administering herbs, monitoring symptoms, etc. Kind of like nursing. It's going to be regular work, but not so involved that she can't take time here and there to do some spell work or other things.

Chris1234 wrote:
======
Just realised some stuuf:
I have no idea who Karl is! - Please would you refresh me?
I thought everyone was heavily beaten up!! - Does Jerry know how Mira & Adrestia avoided it?

Thanks

Sir Karl Mordrane Sularia (Jerrard), the recently-arrived Knight (and quite a good addition as a player, i feel)

Adrestia didn't exactly avoid getting beaten up, rather she got 1-rounded by the Hag :lol: Elsa used CMW on her during combat to try and revive her. It healed her wounds but she remained otherwise unresponsive. Mira avoided it simply because the Hag and Giant skeleton were focusing on the fighters and casters, and no area effects were used by them. Mira only used a crossbow during the fight I believe, and never actually hit anything so was probably not seen as a threat. However Mira was able to revive Adrestia near the end and keep the tower from continuing to collapse on everyone with her webbing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33

Advanced search