Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:59 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
 Post subject: Re: Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:01 am 
Emperor
Emperor

np

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:58 pm 
King
King

When she emerges from the 'Nap' Jerry seeks out Merrick and gives him a hug. "Thank you. For watching over me."
If he seems to have gathered himself, she leans back to look into his eyes and asks, "Well, would you? Consent?"

======
Whether Merrick seems (relatively) normal, or not, will have some inflence on Jerry's spell selection..
e.g. 2.Detect Charm

Doesn't Merrick have any interest at all in learning any of Jerry's spells?

TristenC wrote:
[After the nap]... I will need to consult Marta, once we are done in this canyon...
Does Jerry know who Marta is?

Last edited by Chris1234 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:29 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I... I would happily go with you, to escape this place... But... if you have the chance to be free of it... you should take it, whether or not I am able to follow...

===
Merrick seems relatively normal, just reacting to the various borderline insane stimuli he has been exposed to over the last few days.

Merrick has indicated more than once that the practice of wizards handing over their spellbooks to others to be picked over a practice he finds unsettling at best, and quite disturbing at worst. He has never asked to see hers, and has always politely declined when others ask him. today is no different.

I think Pytor mentioned Marta once in Jerry's hearing back when they first met.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:58 am 
King
King

Jerry kisses Mrrick and hugs him like there's no tomorrow.
"I think I'm beginning to understand," she adds, tapping where she keeps her spell book. "It's like being out in public with no clothes on, right?"

With a cheeky smile, not a set of muscles she's used much over the years, she gives his neat bottom a squeeze, "I'm fine with that, for you. But right now I need to concentrate and pray for spells. I'm glad you're with me!" The derriere gets another double squeeze before being released.

Blowing a kiss to Merrick, she settles down to the serious business of replacing her spells.

When spells are regained Jerry needs to talk again to Merrick and probably also Mira, hopefully both before the group engage in whatever next strenuous activity.

======
1.Colour Spray, Magic Missile;
2.Web.

1.Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Evil, Regenerate Light Wounds;
2.Cure Moderate Wounds, Idea.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:37 pm 
King
King

Before things get moving in earnest Jerry snuggles up to Merrick holding on to his arm, head against his shoulder and says so only be can hear, "I noticed the strangest thing and I think there's something odd going on but I can't quite make sense of it.." She pauses, looking up at his face to see if he thinks she's mad or if she's trying his patience.

Last edited by Chris1234 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:46 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Though he has been pensive recently, her concern catches his attentiion a little more. Something odd? What have you observed?

====
he is not being intentionally obtuse his attitude is just typically apathetic or laissez faire except when he feels in danger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:04 am 
King
King

Jerry hugs her man and whispers, "When Adrestia joined us, I was susppicious about her. I can't even remember what it was now. Just something didn't seem right. I can drive you nuts, I know, but when I've ignored this sort of feeling before it's ended badly."

She gives his another squeeze, shakes her head, and continues, "OK, the hag put Adrestia down with a single spell, I think from the staff. The spell was 'Feign Death', which is pretty much what it says, but it only works on a willing subject. Sounds like I'm conspiracy-theory nuts, I know. But there's something untoward going on there." Jerry gives him a worried look, "I need help to make sense of it, please.."

A little later, "Hey, Merrick, did you notice what happened to the hag's staff? Did we bring it?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:13 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Do... do you really think Adrestia was faking? he seems to consider it briefly, But why would she do that? What point? She fought alongside us before with those creatures and the skeletons.

The staff went down with the temple... I... had thought to try to grab it, but with the debris falling all around us it seemed impossible.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:41 pm 
King
King

"Honestly, I don't know, but I know what I saw and I'm certain that I'm right in this," answers Jerry. "Right in the same way that I called out the hag in the first place."
She pauses to collect her thoughts, "I'm certain that my understanding, my interpretation of what I saw is correct. It's the 'why', the motive that is clouded. That is the concerning thing. It's like we've had a glimpse under the veil of this place, this plane of existance, perhaps by Mystra's Will. We must just be aware and to look for inconsistencies and for paterns between them. Is there anything about this place, this world I mean, not this cave, that you have not yet told me? Any 'glimpse under the veil' of your own? No matter how nuts it may seem?" She holds onto Merrick tighter than she means to, as if to express shat she trusts him with her life..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:48 am 
King
King

She prods Merrick, "Well? What do you have to say? Surely you have an opinion?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:43 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[lol]

Honestly... I think that's a bit of a reach. Yes, you were right about the hag, but that was a little different since you said you... caught her thoughts? he seems a little uncomfortable at the idea. Do you really believe that it's impossible that it wasn't the same spell, or a different variation? Besides, like you said it came from the staff. It might operate differently that way... I'm not saying either is impossible, but... her 'betraying' us by passing out in the middle of battle doesn't make any sense to me. If she were going to betray us... wouldn't she just help the hag attack?

He considers her question about 'glimpses under the veil' but shakes his head. Not really... but I have lived in this world my whole life, so i'm not sure what you would consider different... maybe the nightmares. Just because all of you seem so unused to them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35

Advanced search