Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:30 am

Advanced search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "To Skald" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:19 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Sorry Pyros, I get distracted. My mentor taught me a good game, its called 'Snake Eyes' you have to get the lowest score.. I think it was trying to get me to understand something, but." She shrugs, "You go first, best out of ten, whoever looses plays for the others dinner."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:54 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"HAHA! You are on!" He gives Elsa a smile. "Keep the drinks coming please!"

[OoC: Gaming rolls right?]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:33 am 
Merchant
Merchant

Artanis puts some bait on the hook again, casts the line into the water and takes a seat on the side of the dock.

The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:02 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Mira Skill check: Simple [1d20] = 3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:07 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Gaming(15): [1d20] = 6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:32 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Upper Skald, The Old Kartakan Inn: Adrastia, Elsa, Mira and Pyros
Elsa blushes a little, Sorry… I sometimes forget how different your homeland is from mine… She smirks, Though you’d think there would be a constant reminder of that nearby… she says, cutting her eyes amusedly at Pyros.

To the other comment Adrastia responds I suppose things will be more clear when you meet your… acquaintance in a few days. From what Elsa has said, it seems the object of your search is some powerful artifact; but nobody knows what it does. If it is as strong as the girl with the information believes, it may indeed be able to send you home… My… my mother’s people can read the weave of destinies… perhaps you might find some guidance if we happen across some of them in our journey.

Pyros and Mira begin dicing as they wait for the food. Allison brings by the battered fish strips just as the bard wins the first round of dicing. Is there anything else I can do for you guys? Allison asks the bard.

[Yep, opposed gaming checks. Mira and Pyros have the same NWP score of 15, so lowest roll wins each round. Mira won this one.]

Lower Skald, the Wharf: Artanis and Cross
Artanis quickly baits the line and resumes his repose by the water side…

[Are they waiting until collected by the others, or for a set time?]

Lower Skald, The Wooden Mug: Jerry and Merrick
Merrick nods at the agreement to ‘drop it’. Yes, our intrepid fishermen seem to have moved to a less active spot. he says, gesturing to where the others had been near the logging activity. So the wooden Mug, then? He asks, stepping to the named structure next to the papermaker.

Pushing the door open, he steps just inside. The interior of the place is dimly lit by a low fire in the hearth and a few dingy windows on the walls. Here and there thick candles burn to keep the visibility slightly better. Rough-looking tables and unmatched chairs stand at odd intervals throughout the commons, and a narrow hall leads to the back past a short bar. Rough wood-chips the size of a copper and large-grade sawdust have been spread along the floor; presumably for ease of sweeping up any spilled drink or other liquids.

There are only three patrons at this hour, two who seem to be common laborers finishing their lunch with a beer, and an elderly man who sits over an empty plate as if he too had finished but had nowhere to be. Behind the bar stands a tow-haired man in his thirties with the look of one who has no expectations of life improving in the least. He looks up as the pair enter and nods briefly before going back to wiping down the bar that is in more need of replacement than cleaning.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:02 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Slicing the knife into the fish Mira relishes every flavour, every texture as the fish fills her mouth, making a small noise under her breath she turns back to Sabine. "This is exquisite, thank you. I think we will be ok for now. No wait may I have another wine?"

After the Girl leaves she giggles at Pyros, her dice showing a three, narrowly beating his own five, "I win." She laughs and hands Elsa the Dice. "Fancy a throw, the lower the number the better. And he is a reminder, but I think perhaps we lived different lives'"

"I would like to meet them again, without them I wouldnt be here." She admits to Adrastia.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:29 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"Drat!" he will smile when Elsa gets the dice. "Oh I'm gonna win this time!!"

Gaming(15): [1d20] = 7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:18 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

Artanis lazily asks Cross: "Where were we supposed to meet everyone again? I can't recall the name of the Inn where we checked in. I suppose I had fish on the brain." The ranger says with a grin.

OOC: If someone comes to collect them, they will leave. Otherwise they will wrap things up late afternoon - say 4 or 5.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:20 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"It was the uhm, Broken Wheel?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:11 am 
Marquis
Marquis

"Is this a typical place for around here?" asks Jerry, just managing to avoid saying 'on your world'. "If not, do you think we can and should try to flush out the difference here?"

She has a look around with a mirthless smile, trying to detect any hint of undead influence, whether lich labour force or vampire food chain.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:19 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Upper Skald, The Old Kartakan Inn: Adrastia, Elsa, Mira and Pyros
The perfect golden-brown battered potato-flake crust crunches crisply as the bard takes the first bite. A medley of complimentary spices spring to life on the tongue, while the creamy texture of cooked buttermilk sticks the coating to the beautifully cooked whitefish. It seems the reputation for good food is well earned if such care is taken in even the simplest side-dish. Sabrina nods, I’m so glad you like it! Of course you may, I’ll get it now.

Elsa takes one and savors the steamy aroma a moment before biting into it. She takes a deep breath through her nose as she chews in the universal sign of contentment. Her eyes close half-way and she nods to the others. Now that is just about perfect… she says slowly after downing the bite.

Adrastia gives an amused glance at the others, It’s just fish. she says. Elsa wordlessly slides her a piece and the warrior considers it and the Halfling with a sidelong look. Shrugging she takes a bite, oh my… The cleric giggles and takes another bite. I wasn’t really hungry but we should have ordered more. she says with a chuckle. She looks at the dice then at the Kender. Well… you beat me at checkers last time, but this has got to be random… Your luck has to run out sometime! she grins, taking and shaking the dice. The cubes spin across the table, coming to a stop showing a five and a six. Drat! she says, disappointedly, but brightens quickly with another bite of fish. That’s why I never gamble. she laughs.

The dusky-hued fighter considers Mira’s remark about the traveling people. Unfortunately it’s very difficult to predict where a tribe will be… though I believe the Day of Unspoken Talents falls this year… she adds thoughtfully. If… the warrior hesitates, quite a rarity for her, If the need becomes great enough and we cannot find another… I may know someone…

A few minutes later Sabrina returns with a fresh glass of wine for Mira and a plate of steaming stuffed beets. Here you go. Beeter was glad to hear you like the fish, so he sent out his specialty since this is your first time here! And it’s on the house! She says cheerfully, setting out some fresh tableware for the new arrival. The blood-red beets have been hollowed out and stuffed with minced lamb, diced carrots, peas and onions with smashed garlic. A tart cranberry sauce cuts the richness of the meat just enough, and the roasting has coaxed the sharp flavors of garlic and onion into a milder, more robust composition.

[Are these his new Redstone Dice? Since Elsa doesn’t have the gaming NWP and it isn’t a strategy game (just random chance) I rolled 2d6 for her. Pyros can roll 2d6 as well, but I’ll allow him a 2 point adjustment to the result (obviously only down to 2d6 = 2) since he does have the gaming NWP. Maybe he has a ‘special throw’ or something ;) or he’s cheating :lol: ]
Elsa bar-dice [2d6] = 11

Lower Skald, the Wharf: Artanis and Cross
The Broken wheel sounds right to Artanis, and the ranger continues his relaxed fishing. Judging by the position of the sun, it is probably at least a couple of hours past midday… A few more people begin to move towards the docks, probably finishing up late lunches and returning to work. A few of the vessels seem to be preparing to haul cargo down river; common laborers toting crates and barrels to the ships. While it seems doubtful they would leave so late in the day, it is more likely they are readying to disembark early on the following morning. None of the laborers come near the pair, as there are currently no ships near their corner of the wharf.

[Ok. It is a little after 2pm right now.]

Lower Skald, The Park: Jerry and Merrick
Merrick shrugs, Just looks like a dive bar to me… maybe the kind that isn’t too expensive and has small rooms in the back so local workers come here. With all the sawdust and the look of those two, he cuts his eyes towards the pair of men finishing their beers, I’d guess it caters to the loggers, lumber-men and riverboat crews… He gives her a questioning look, Why? Do you see something amiss? I can’t help but notice you seem to expect something horrible behind every stranger or establishment… even at the farm you were using magic to look around… even to the point of practically ignoring the family until you were done searching… Is… is your homeland really so dangerous that it makes you this suspicious of everyone and every thing? he asks, a look of concern plain on his face.

[Lol. Really? Undead labor-force?]

===
Stuffed beets

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:44 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Non Gaming Roll [2d6] = 5

"Man these eats are great!" Pyros says as he will stuff a fish piece in his mouth, then slurp up half a beet.

Cross will sit back and close his eyes, not sleeping but not meditating. Just relaxing enjoying the fact that his nemesis is not just behind him, and he can actually let his guard down for an hour.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:53 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

Artanis muses out loud in a relaxed tone. "Folks going about their chores - seems as some things remain the same wherever one is. I wonder if the others are having luck fishing for clues?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:15 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"Haha. I like what you did there. Yes this crown... I wonder if I will be able to find any information on it here."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next

Advanced search