Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:29 am

Advanced search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 2: “In Search of The Crown” (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:59 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Oh Guilliam, you are so sweet." Returning the large mans hug with vigor she takes a key in her palm, "Yes, this is my home, you made me feel so welcome when I arrived, that..." She blushes. "That I really enjoy being here." Sipping the bitter wine she relishes the taste, one she had grown to enjoy, just like the inn itself.

"I want to pay a visit to the Blue Bolt, I need to see if my dress is ready, and if Marie has something I can wear... I loaned my bodice to umm... Sabrina." she blushes slightly mentioning that name, "I'll play tonight and we'll head out tomorrow morning right?" Exchanging glances with everyone she rises from her seat and heads upstairs.

She returns a few minutes later wearing her red skirt, white blouse and a dagger on her hip.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:15 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Adran eats his meal and will then turn around and listen to the music.... he agrees to share a room with Pytor and Pyros

OOC - Can Adran communicate with anyone in town, or do they all speak a language that he doesn't know?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:49 am 
King
King

[The townsfolk speak Harmonian, which Adran has a small percentage to understand listed on his sheet. It will grow each day he is surrounded by conversation in Harmonian. Several people in town speak Elven to various degrees, but it's trial and error to find out who. Mira, Merrick and Adrastia speak Harmonian well enough to be understood.]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:43 am 
Count
Count

After lunch Cross will find his way back to the Toad to read anything else that may be connected to planar travel, or do some research with Adran.

"Shall we head out to do some research? I should be able to get us to a shop who has some curious books." he will say this to Adran.

===================================

Pyros will look to Artanis.

"Should we go see if we can catch dinner?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:45 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

TristenC wrote:
As Pytor mentions walking about, Adrestia steps over. It might be wise to have someone with you who speaks the local language. I can come if you like, it might give us a chance to talk as well... she adds.

"Yes, most certainly... I haven't gotten used to the fact that I am no longer in the Sun Kingdom. Normally one would have a long travel before reaching another land, not just wander off into a forest for a night... Besides that, however, we have much to talk about. It seems most everything I was raised to believe was naught but a story, perhaps a necessary one but a story still... I shall be waiting for you outside where I can enjoy the fresh air." Pytor reaches up as if to tip a hat that isn't there then nods to the party members. "Lady Elsa, Miss Jerry, it has been a pleasure and a privedge. May your day be blessed." Spying Mira as she returns Pytor remarks. "Ahh, that outfit suits you well, miss. Red, the color of life itself, it looks good upon you. But... Oh, nevermind, forget I mentioned it... If you will excuse me." He bows then walks towards the front door.

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:57 am 
Prince
Prince

Jerry gives a small smile and a wave to Pytor, "Until later!"

She turns her attention back to Merrick. "Weren't we going to try and study a book? Connected with a certain crown?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 pm 
King
King

Guilliam smiles, It is so good to have you back. he says to the bard.

The halfling goes upstairs to drop off her gear as well and returns with Mira. Oh yes, the Blue Bolt! I had almost forgotten you ordered abother dress.
Elsa giggles and curtsies to Pytor as he goes, And the same to you, good sir.
[Mira and Elsa to Jen’s side thread pls]

Cross offers to lead Adran to the Toad's Toe, the shopw where the Tannis journal is being kept.

Merrick regards Jerry, I’m not sure. I think we searched for texts on the crown and came up empty. The Tannis journal, however, seems like it may hold some clues to this book our new friend has. It might be interesting to see what Rautant can tell us.

Adrastia steps outside with Pytor.
Distance matters little when the mists move in certain ways. The mists brought you home... or grandmother guided you once they took hold of you. She has the ways of traveling them, as some of our mother's people do. I do not have it... none of the giomorgo do.

She nods at his comments about his past. I do not know what you were told, but what matters most is that we are reunited. she checks to be sure none others can hear. Another thing we Giomorgo must contend with is the Moon Madness… it comes the day of, before and after a full moon… from what you have hinted at, you have experienced a milder version of this already… but fear not for now. The full moon has just passed and it will be more than two dozen days before it comes again.

Artanis grins at Pyros, i suppose we could get a little fishing in.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:05 am 
Prince
Prince

"Good. Ok, let's go there when you're ready. In any case, I wanted to tell him that the papermaking worked," says Jerry, quietly satisfied. "What else was there that took your fancy? That you want to do, I mean?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:48 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Pytor listens intently to Adrastia's words as they walk along the street. "Giomorgo? That word is not known to me. What does it mean?"

His eyes fill with despair as she mentions the Moon Madness. "Mild? I crushed Barsali's skull while so beset. How could that be mild?"

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:32 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

TristenC wrote:
Guilliam smiles, It is so good to have you back. he says to the bard.

The halfling goes upstairs to drop off her gear as well and returns with Mira. Oh yes, the Blue Bolt! I had almost forgotten you ordered abother dress.
Elsa giggles and curtsies to Pytor as he goes, And the same to you, good sir.
[Mira and Elsa to Jen’s side thread pls]

Cross offers to lead Adran to the Toad's Toe, the shopw where the Tannis journal is being kept.

Merrick regards Jerry, I’m not sure. I think we searched for texts on the crown and came up empty. The Tannis journal, however, seems like it may hold some clues to this book our new friend has. It might be interesting to see what Rautant can tell us.

Adrastia steps outside with Pytor.
Distance matters little when the mists move in certain ways. The mists brought you home... or grandmother guided you once they took hold of you. She has the ways of traveling them, as some of our mother's people do. I do not have it... none of the giomorgo do.

She nods at his comments about his past. I do not know what you were told, but what matters most is that we are reunited. she checks to be sure none others can hear. Another thing we Giomorgo must contend with is the Moon Madness… it comes the day of, before and after a full moon… from what you have hinted at, you have experienced a milder version of this already… but fear not for now. The full moon has just passed and it will be more than two dozen days before it comes again.

Artanis grins at Pyros, i suppose we could get a little fishing in.

Adran replies to Cross I would be quite grateful, when can we leave?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:19 pm 
Count
Count

"No time like the present! We should be back before nightfall, and I would not want to miss Mira's performance."

==============================================================

"To the place we tried last time?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:06 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Agreed - shall we be on our way?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:13 am 
Count
Count

"Yes, let's go!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:02 am 
King
King

What else? Merrick repeats Jerry’s question back to her. Well… I hadn’t really thought of anything else… I suppose I was thinking only about the journal regarding visiting Rautant… he says with a shrug.

Cross begins to lead Adran off towards the shop, Merrick offering his arm to Jerry and following behind. The four make their way out onto the main road, paved with neat cobblestones. They pass various shops and taverns before turning onto a side street just past a rather seedy looking place bearing a sign depicting cracked jug. The narrower street soon comes to an unusual intersection with five paths leading in. Cross leads them on down a dead-end near the town wall. Most of the buildings here seem in need of some repair, and occasionally bear damage from fire or even fighting. One place is relatively untouched by the local dilapidation, though its single window is too dingy to see through properly. A sign hangs over the entrance depicting a frog-like creature with one large swollen toe.

Harmonia, The Toad’s Toe: Adran, Cross, Jerry, Merrick
The door opens easily into a single room that as about 10’ wide, and just as deep; but a counter separates the far side. An old oaken door set in the center of the back wall stands partially open, and all manner of odd smells and bubbling sounds come from beyond. The front counter divides the room in two and is probably four feet high but stretches the full width of the room with no visible way to cross beyond into the back. Rows of narrow shelving adorn the back wall with dozens of books, nick-nacks, vials, scrolls, obvious spell components, mushrooms, small stone statues, lichens clinging to stones and who knows what else.

An old man with wispy hair and one milky-white eye leans over a parchment making notes as he reads from another text. He glances up as a small bell above the door rings. Ah! Back from Skald already I see, he says in Elven. Hmm, and a pair of new acquaintances as well. You and your friends seem to have a knack for that… he says with a bemused expression. Finishing his notation, he cleans his pen and sets it aside. Well, let me properly introduce myself. I am Rautant DuBuisson, proprietor of this; the Toad’s Toe. He says with a nod in greeting to Adran.

Fenrir, perched atop Cross’ shoulder, cocks its head and looks about at all of the interesting baubles.
[See bottom of this post for a list of magical things available for purchase. Certain volumes from his texts can also be studied for an hourly fee]

Harmonia, The Loop: Adrastia, Pytor
Adrastia frowns as they begin to walk down the main cobbled thoroughfare, I’m sorry… I did not mean to make light of your tragedy. Perhaps I should have said less… extensive. For here the moon affects us for three days, not just one. Marta has told me of other ‘places’… other lands not connected to this one by mere distance… it is still a strange concept to me, but I have seen enough of moving in the mists to believe. She gives the barest shiver, but the moment quickly passes with no sign after. Giomorgo is just what we are… it is the name the Visani give to those not of the ‘pure blood’… it is no insult… at least not to some. she adds as an aside.

The locals on the street give them a wide berth though, the road itself isn’t crowded. Marta must have told you, our mother was a Seer, the highest honor short of Raunie for one of our people. She led our caravan… She trails off as they continue walking. The pair follow the bend in the road as it curves through the town. Soon Pytor hears the familiar ring of hammer on steel up ahead.

[she is speaking in Elven, but so as to not be overheard by passers by anyway.]

Artanis muses about the fishing spot. Last time I think we went outside the walls, but navigating the gates is a little tedious without a native speaker…. There is one place near the sheep pens I wanted to try, a little inlet just West of the bridge. What do you say? The ranger asks his energetic companion

======
Toad’s Toe supplies: (CW means it is in Complete Wizard, CB in Complete Bard, ToM tome of Mag. All of these should be on the purple worm site.)
1st lvl spells (100gp): Phantasmal Force, Sleep, Shocking Grasp, comprehend languages
2nd lvl spells (200): Forget, continual light, Past Life (ToM), ESP
3rd lvl spells (300): Alacrity (ToM), Protection from Evil 10' rad, Gust of wind
Potions: Healing (200), Extra-Healing (400), Polymorph self 2x(200), Invisibility (250), Oil of fiery burning (500), Oil of Slipperiness (400), Clairvoyance (300), Plant Control (250), Gaseous form (300), ESP (500)]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:22 am 
Count
Count

"Well met, meet Fenrir! I managed to find a Summon Familiar scroll in Skald! And with the help of some friends I was able to purchase it!" He will smile lat Merrick.

"Our newest friend here would like to see the journal we were reading before."
===================================

"I hope they cleaned the pens yesterday." With that he will be off to the spot.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 28  Next

Advanced search