Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Advanced search

Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:03 am 
Count
Count

Pyros will definitely try to check out the posts, but will submit to anyone stopping him, reluctantly but he will.

He won't just completely run up with abandon though, he will keep his senses about him.

Hoopak ready to launch at a moments notice.

"This is creepy, but interesting, I mean look... it's like they were bitten!"

==============================================================

"Can you see who did this friend?"

Cross will draw Gar.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Pytor will make a closer inspection of the chains and manacles. Blacksmithing check [1d20] = 10 to see if he can glean any information as to their quality. If it is possible to pry any from the posts, he will attempt to pry off two sets of manacles for potential future use. "Hmmn... These just may be strong enough for what I need."

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:12 am 
Prince
Prince

Taking the stones Jerry blinks back, then smiles and rubs Merrick's arm affectionately, "Thank you. I'm sorry. It's this place." She gives him a squeeze that promises something more later.

When Adrestia acknowledges the wound the Mystran pulls a face in sympathy, "How long ago was it? Were there any complications or other effects from the wound? Next time we camp, would you show me, please?"

She turns her attention back to Mira. "Understood. If you want I can tell you more about undead next time we rest. But these things don't conform to anything I'd heard of. Maybe they're more like the were-creatures; alive but unnaturally-tainted. Not that all such are bad. Just most." The undead hunter apses into silence to concentrate on the group's surroundings and for any hint of undead and their lairs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:58 am 
King
King

Dozens of stories come to the Bard's mind as she considers the corpses. Hanging the dead out on posts was often what the most terrible villains did to warn enemies away in fantastical stories...

Fenrir soars a little higher, steering clear of the other crow.
I don't see anything moving below. These tasties are always here. Some of them are quite good! They are easier to eat when they are soft and ripe.

Pyros moves up tentatively to get a better look at one of the bodies. Some of the 'fresher' bodies seem to have been eaten at by crows, a couple have vicious almost slashing bite-marks as if the attacker had nails or needles for teeth!

Pytor accompanies his shorter friend and inspects the manacles and brace on one of the posts. The work is quite average, but still strong. The large staple binding the chain onto the post is driven in hard at the top; so it is difficult to get a good angle on without being above the post or digging the post out. It seems fairly secure.
[if Pytor wants to try to pry one out without removing the post, let me get a "bend bars" roll]

Adrestia keeps watch and speaks almost absently. it was over a year ago. It was just a difficult wound to keep clean. Turning to face the Mystran, her brow furrows slightly. All deep scars itch when they're old enough... have you never had a deep cut before? Maybe on your hand or something? It's like that, only a dozen or so of them in a row.

Turning back to her survey, Don't worry, I'm sure you'll see how it is made before long. she mutters grimly.

Jerry considers as much of the area as she can. There wasn't any hard evidence of undead here, but this was starting to look like exactly the kind of place the unliving favored.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:05 am 
Prince
Prince

Jerry nods to Adrestia, "Thank you. I was just seeing if there was a lingering, low level infection. Can you tell me any more about the creatures?"

"Apart from unpleasant, none of this means much to me yet," volunteers Jerry after surveying their surroundings. "I'm ready when everyone else is."

Last edited by Chris1234 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:54 am 
Marshall
Marshall

BB/LG 25%
Bend Bars [1d100] = 84

Pytor tries to quietly wrench the manacles free from the post but fails to loosen the iron bindings from the heavy wood. He ponders taking an axe to the post's base but deems it too loud and risky of a task.

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:12 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Stamping her foot in annoyance Mira advances on Pytor and Pyros, bawking inwardly at the sight before her she steels herself before placing a hand on the big warriors shoulder.

"Leave. The. Bodies. Alone." She states in a low voice, each word accented for effect. "People tie Criminals to posts like this. Think. We are in a land where if you believe everything we've heard. The dead walk! Trust nothing, trust no one." With that she moves towards the others,

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:56 am 
Count
Count

Pyros complies, like a scorned child.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:12 am 
Marshall
Marshall

"The bodies hold no interest for me, just their bindings. Something that I may need, that you may need for me, in the nights to come." Pytor whispers as he gives the bard a half-hearted smile before turning away and moving back into traveling position.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:44 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"I've met bigger monsters than you." Mira replies, to Pytor befeore moving off behind Pyros, giving the kender a light pat on the arm she grins. "Hey, sorry, they just didnt look that interesting and I BET that there are far more interesting things to find if we move on."

"Are you a risk? Tell me now, I want, no I NEED to know, are you going to turn on us?" She returns her attention to the big warrior, "If you are, or you think you are, tell me now. So.. so we can prepare." She whispers her body close to his as her perfume rides on the wind.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:32 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

Pytor can almost feel the warmth of Mira's skin as her fragrance blends with the air that he breathes in. He ponders the insidious cruelty of the last dream giving hope to things that could never be. Resting his hand on the bard's lower back, the gypsy replies almost inaudibly. "I turned on Barsali... But the full moon is still weeks away. There may yet be time to craft my cage, or if need be, my resting place."

Advanced search