Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:05 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:38 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 614
Location:
Charleston, WV
Att [1d20] = 17 Damage [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6

Att [1d20] = 3 Damage [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4

Once everyone has a cover or if attacked, Pytor will shoot his bow at the skeletons with the clearest aim on the party. "If we can safely draw their volley, we may be able to meet them on the field unarmed."

_________________
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar


Last edited by mltillis on Thu May 16, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5707
In addition to heading for cover Cross will try to watch and parry any spears coming his way.

"Does anyone have any magic that would aid with my survival? I typically absorb blows like a wet sack of grain."
=====================
Pyros is vibrating with nervousness. But holds for now.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:17 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10382
Location:
United Kingdom
"Cover, now!" Mira calls, grabbing Elsa and moving back to stand Next to Pytor, grasping the mace tightly in her sweaty palms she mumbles "I should have gone myself. Stupid skeletons."

"Sorry Cross, I went offensive today." She adds, her free hand falling into Elsas for a moment, "Can you affect these things?" She asks the Cleric.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8525
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Pytor fires His Composite Shortbow at the Ziggurat (short range, AC 10)
Thac0 16 vs AC 10: need 6+
[1d20] = 10, hit!
For [1d6+2] = 3 dmg!
Statue save vs crushing blow for half [1d20] = 20, saved!
Statue takes 2 dmg!

The target area on the statue has sustained 14 dmg!

===
[Round 1]

Pytor shouts Find Cover! echoed immediately by the bard as she joins him. Elsa, however, evades his grasp; raising her shield with a determined set to her. Likewise Merrick and Cross rush for cover, as the white haired elf laments his lack of protective preparation. The half-elven mage beside him nods, We can fix that... and begins casting a spell.

Adrestia and Artanis move back against the southern wall, pressing themselves against it beyond the curvature of the canyon passage. We can funnel them into this passage, without exposing ourselves too much. The dusky hued fighter says, while Artanis calmly prepares to fire.

As the others seek cover, Pytor peers out from cover long enough to fire at the nearest skeleton. His arrow strikes it square in the skull and sending it clattering to the adobe. Artanis likewise fires, striking the target directly beyond cleanly in the breastbone. Half of the undead’s ribcage shatters, causing it to list severely; though it remains upright.

Can you Affect these things? Mira calls out to the Halfling, still standing in the open. An almost sinister smirk crosses the pretty cleric’s face. You bet I can. Whispering a prayer, she clasps her holy symbol in her free hand; eyes locked intently on the towering structure littered with undead. The symbol begins to shine faintly… Elsa’s voice rings out through the dusty canyon, reverberating with power and faith… By the grace of the Mother Protector and the Light of her shelter, BE GONE FROM MY SIGHT!!! Your place is no longer here among the living!![/i]

The light of the symbol shines brighter for an instant, and a handful of the skeletons shield their eyes as if blinded and begin to flee the diminutive cleric. Others take up their sharp spears and hurl them at the Halfling! Elsa stands unflinchingly, symbol raised as the other undead flee while a half-dozen spears clatter to the ground around her. One miraculously finds the mark as it strikes the shoulder of her upraised arm, but the stalwart cleric hardly grimaces at the blow. A trio of skeletons grip the edge of the tier and lower themselves over the side, dropping the last 5 feet to the ground. Turning they rush towards the cleric, closing the distance.

Adran hurries over to join Mira and Pytor as Elsa finally lowers her symbol and takes cover beside them. Adran and Pytor fire at one of the oncoming undead, but the arrows fly wide of the mark. Artanis leans out and strikes it cleanly in the shoulder and destroying the thing in a shower of bone chips. Adran takes calmer aim at the next one in line, his arrow taking it near the collar and sending it to oblivion.

Back on the Ziggurat, the invisible party members watch anxiously on. Far below them on the lowest tier the remaining skeletons begin spreading out. Several of them come into view of the party and raise their spears as well…

[Unfortunately Elsa couldn’t take cover before the skeletons attacked this round because of the Turn Undead. She knew if she left the skeletons’ view, they wouldn’t have to flee… Fortunately, she has a decent AC and more hps than anyone in the party except Pytor :lol:]
[Actions Round 2?]
======
Init:

Jerry: 3 (holding)
Mira: 4 (Holding)
Merrick: 4 (Holding)
Cross: 5 (dodging)
Adrestia (5+3 Mrapier): 8
Pytor (4+ 6 Csb): 10
Pyros: 10 (holding)
Art (5+7 sb): 12
Elsa (10+3 ability): 13
Skels (8+6 spear): 14
Adran (8+8 LB): 16

Mira init Zigg R1 [1d10] = 4

Jerry holds

Mira moves 20 feet NorthWest to take Cover* in the crevice and holds

Merrick moves 10 feet NorthWest to take Cover* in the crevice and holds

Cross moves 20 feet North to take Cover* in the crevice and prepares to dodge/parry any incoming attacks (-2 to AC)
And asks for aid

Merrick Ready (holding) begins to cast Armor spell (full round action)

Adrestia moves 20 feet SouthEast to take Cover* near the South wall, readies her Rapier and holds for an opponent to come into melee range.

Pytor moves 15 feet NorthWest to take Cover* in the crevice.
Pytor steps out and fires His Composite Shortbow at s1 (AC 7)
Thac0 16 vs AC 7: need 9+
[1d20] = 17, hit!
For [1d6+2] = 6
s1 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 3 dmg!
s1 is Destroyed!

Art moves 20 feet SouthEast to take Cover* near the South wall
Art steps out and fires His Shortbow at s24 (AC 7)
Thac0 17 vs AC 7: need 10+
[1d20] = 18, hit!
For [1d6] = 4
s24 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 2 dmg!
s24 is About to be Destroyed!

Elsa moves NorthWest 5 feet.

Elsa uses her Holy Symbol and attempts to Turn Undead
[1d20] = 7, Pass!
[2d6] = 5 skeletons turned! [s2, s3, s4, s23, s24]

s2, s3, and s4 flee SouthWest around the corner of the Ziggurat and out of sight of Elsa
s23, s24 flee West out of sight of Elsa

s5, s6, and s7 throw their spears at Elsa (AC 4, -5 for long range)
Thac0 19 vs AC4 (-5): Need nat 20 to hit!
s5 [1d20] = 2, miss! (Badly)

s6 [1d20] = 20, hit! Possible Crit!
s6 crit conf [1d20] = 10, crit confirmed!
For [2d6] = 6 damage!
Elsa is Barely Scratched

s7 [1d20] = 18, miss!

s5, s6, and s7 lower themselves to the canyon floor and move NorthEast 45 feet.

s8 moves NorthEast 60 feet and throws its spear at Elsa (AC 4, -2 for medium range)
Thac0 19 vs AC4 (-2): Need 17+ to hit!
[1d20] = 7, miss!

s22 moves East 35 feet and throws its spear at Elsa (AC 4, -2 for medium range)
Thac0 19 vs AC4 (-2): Need 17+ to hit!
[1d20] = 5, miss!

s21 moves East 35 feet and throws its spear at Elsa (AC 4, -5 for long range)
Thac0 19 vs AC4 (-5): Need nat 20 to hit!
[1d20] = 15, miss!

Elsa moves NorthWest 10 feet to Cover* in the crevice.

Adran Moves NorthWest 25 feet to Cover* in the crevice.
Adran fires his Longbow at s5 (AC 7)
Thaco 19 vs AC 7: need 12+
[1d20] = 6, miss!

Pytor fires his Composite Shortbow a second time, at s (AC 7)
Thac0 16 vs AC 7: need 9+
[1d20] = 3, miss!

Art steps out and fires His Shortbow a second time, at s (AC 7)
Thac0 17 vs AC 7: need 10+
[1d20] = 10, hit! (barely)
For [1d6] = 5
s5 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 3 dmg!
s5 is Destroyed!

Adran fires his Longbow a second time, at s6 (AC 7)
Thaco 19 vs AC 7: need 12+
[1d20] = 15, hit!
For [1d6] = 6
s6 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 3 dmg!
s6 is Destroyed!

Merrick finishes his Armor spell which settles on Cross improving his Base AC to 6 for a duration of [12 hps]

s9 - s20 spread out along the lowest tier…
s9 - s12 and s18 - s20 see the party and prepare to engage!

yellow circles indicate turned undead


Attachments:
Ziggurat 1.jpg
Ziggurat 1.jpg [ 177.5 KiB | Viewed 2095 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:39 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5707
"That is enough of this." Catching himself before yelling, Pyros will whisper that to his invisible ally.

He will hook the grapple on the current tier, and toss the rope over. He is attempting to get easily down to the first tier.

==================================
"Ah, that is much better!" If a skeleton gets close enough to effectively use Gar, Cross will toss it at a skeleton.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:52 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7278
"To where?" Jerry whispers back.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 614
Location:
Charleston, WV
Unless one gets close enough to engage in melee, Pytor will continue to shoot and duck cover.

Att [1d20] = 1 Damage [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7

Att [1d20] = 6 Damage [1d6+2] = 1+2 = 3

_________________
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:56 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10382
Location:
United Kingdom
Holding the mace tightly in her hands Mira holds her spells for now and prepares to strike the creatures when they appear.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:55 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8525
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Cross takes hold of Gar and prepares to hurl him at the frontmost skeleton. The sentient weapon wrenches itself free of his hand, giggling to itself as it falls to the canyon floor. Fenrir, perched above, cocks his head at the strange behavior. Pytor takes aim at the undead and draws back mightily on his bow, but the string snaps! Likewise, Merrick whirls his sling about and casts a stone at the same target; but the shot sails wide of the mark.

The creature approaches menacingly, and Mira moves to strike it down. The heavy mace proves predictably unwieldy for the Bard as she hardly manages rough swing in the skeleton’s direction. Bony fingers claw viciously at the gypsy man, slashing his exposed skin and leaving bloody trails! A hail of no less than a half-dozen more spears sail towards the party from skeletons on the lowest tier. The canyon walls prove ample cover as the bony weapons crash and clatter to the ground ineffectually.

The now weaponless undead surge forward towards the group. Artanis’ aim proves true once again as he destroys a nearby skeleton and badly damages another. Once the volley of spears ends, Adrestia rushes forward to meet the enemy, hacking cleanly through the neck of one with her Rapier. Adran fires as well, damaging the creature assaulting Pytor. Elsa steps up, past her friend and crushes the undead’s hip with her silver-studded mace; sending it scattering to the ground in pieces. You ok? she asks the gypsy man beside her.

Pyros, seeing his friends in trouble, checks his grapple and rappels down from the top of the Ziggurat to the next lowest tier. Moving unseen between the skeletons there he proceeds down to the next level and finally just down to the lowest level where all of the activity is.


[Pytor can easily take a round to replace his bowstring when not in melee. We’ll assume he has spares]
[Actions Round 3?]
======
Init:

Jerry: 3 (holding)
Cross (5+2 Gar): 7 (holding)
Adrestia (5+3 Mrapier): 8 (holding)
Pytor (4+ 6 Csb): 10
Merrick (4+6 sling): 10
Pyros: 10
Mira (4+7 mace): 11 (Holding)
Skels (8+3 unarmed): 11
Art (5+7 sb): 12
Skels (8+6 spear): 14
Adran (8+8 LB): 16
Elsa (10+7 mace): 17


Jerry holds

Cross readies Gar and holds until an opponent comes within melee range
Cross throws Gar at s7 (AC 7)
Thaco 20 vs AC7: Need 13+
[1d20] = 1, miss! Possible fumble!
Cross fumble conf [1d20] = 4
Fumble confirmed!
Cross drops Gar!
Cross vs s7 [1d20] = 1 [1d4] = 2

Adrestia holds until the spears have been thrown

Pytor fires His Composite Shortbow at s7 (AC 7)
Thac0 16 vs AC 7: need 9+
[1d20] = 1, miss! Possible fumble!
Pytor Fumble conf [1d20] = 6
Fumble confirmed!
Pytor’s bowstring snaps!

Merrick fires a sling stone at s7 (AC 7)
Thac0 19 vs AC 7: need 12+
[1d20] = 10, miss!

Pyros sets his grapple near the statue on the upper ledge and climbs down the rope to the lowest tier

Mira readies her mace and holds for a creature to come within melee range.

s7 moves NorthEast 40 feet towards Pytor!

Mira, ready, moves SouthEast 5 feet and bashes at s7 (AC 7) with her mace (unproficient -3)
Thaco 18 vs AC 7 (-3): Need 14+ to hit
[1d20] = 4, miss!
Mira vs s7 mace [1d20] = 4 [1d6+1] = 2

s7 slashes (-2 vs chain) with its claws at Pytor (AC 5)
Thaco 19 vs AC 5 (-2): Need 16+ to hit
[1d20] = 19, hit!
For [1d6] = 6
Pytor is Barely Scratched! [26/32]
s7 vs Pytor claw [1d20] = 19 [1d6] = 6

s8, s22 and s21 lower themselves to the canyon floor and move East 45 feet

Art fires His Shortbow at s7 (AC 7)
Thac0 17 vs AC 7: need 10+
[1d20] = 19, hit!
For [1d6] = 5
s8 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 3 dmg!
s8 is Destroyed!

s18 throws its spear at Adrestia (AC 4, -5 for long range, -4 half cover)
Thac0 19 vs AC4 (-9): Need Nat 20!
[1d20] = 2, miss!
s18 moves East 20 feet and lowers itself to the canyon floor then moves east 25 feet

s19 moves East 40 feet and throws its spear at Adrestia (AC 4, -5 for long range, -4 half cover)
Thac0 19 vs AC4 (-9): Need Nat 20!
[1d20] = 15, miss!

s20 moves East 50 feet and throws its spear at Adrestia (AC 4, -5 for long range, -4 half cover)
Thac0 19 vs AC4 (-9): Need Nat 20!
[1d20] = 19, miss!

s9 moves NorthEast 10 feet and throws its spear at Merrick (AC 6, -5 for long range, -6 for 3/4 cover)
Thac0 19 vs AC6 (-9): Need Nat 20!
[1d20] = 2, miss!

s10 throws its spear at Mira (AC 6, -5 for long range, -4 half cover)
Thac0 19 vs AC6 (-9): Need Nat 20!
[1d20] = 17, miss!
s10 spear vs Mira [1d20] = 17 [1d6] = 4

s11 throws its spear at Pytor (AC 5, -5 for long range, -6 for 3/4 cover)
Thac0 19 vs AC5 (-11): Need Nat 20!
[1d20] =5, miss!

s12 throws its spear at Pytor (AC 5, -5 for long range, -6 for 3/4 cover)
Thac0 19 vs AC5 (-11): Need Nat 20!
[1d20] = 2, miss! (badly)

s11, s12 spear vs Pytor [1d20] = 5, [1d6] = 1, [1d20] = 2, [1d6] = 2

s10, s11 and s12 lower themselves to the canyon floor and move NorthEast 45 feet.

Adrestia, ready, moves NorthWest 15 feet and stabs at s22 (AC 7) with her magical rapier
Thaco 14 vs AC 7: Need 7+ to hit
[1d20] = 7, hit! (barely)
For [1d6+4] = 7 dmg!
s22 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 4 dmg!
s22 is Destroyed!

Adran fires his Longbow at s7 (AC 7) (-4 in melee with Mira and Pytor)
Thaco 19 vs AC 7 (-4): need 16+
[1d20] = 18, hit!
[1d6] = 3
s7 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 2 dmg!
s7 is About to be Destroyed!

Elsa, ready, moves southeast and bashes at s7 (AC 7) with her silver mace
Thaco 18 vs AC 7: Need 11+
[1d20] = 15, hit!
For [1d6+1] = 5 dmg!
s7 is Destroyed!

Art fires His Shortbow, a second time, at s18 (AC 7)
Thac0 17 vs AC 7: need 10+
[1d20] = 18, hit!
For [1d6] = 3
S18 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 2 dmg!
S18 is About to be Destroyed!

Adran fires his Longbow, a second time, at s (AC 7)
Thaco 19 vs AC 7: need 12+
[1d20] = 9, miss

s13 - 17 spread out along the lowest tier…
s13 and s17 see the party and prepare to engage!


Attachments:
Ziggurat 2.png
Ziggurat 2.png [ 74.82 KiB | Viewed 2052 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:27 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5707
Cross will pick up Gar, getting ready to throw it again.

==============================

Landing on the bottom tier Pyros will pull out his golden spiked club and dagger. He will then go after the southern one beside him.

Gold Studded and Dagger DW: [1d20] = 20 [1d20] = 17 [1d6] = 3 [1d4] = 4

After attacking he will slide down to the ground and flatten himself against the wall.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:43 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7278
Suppressing a head-shake Jerry quietly follows Pyros down to tier 1 (using the rope).


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:14 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10382
Location:
United Kingdom
"Oh forget this!" Mira calls in alarm, the Mace fitting poorly in her hands as she moves forward, swinging it hard as puts all her strength into the blow.

(She's attacking the closest creature, while keeping with the others)

Simple [1d20] = 14 Hit?
[1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5 Damage

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:33 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 614
Location:
Charleston, WV
"It's just a scratch, but there is plenty of time to get more." Pytor replies to Elsa.
With multiple skeletons approaching, the gypsy forgoes restringing his bow and switches to his silver clad warhammer. He will move to attack the nearest skeleton unless a volley is about to be thrown.

warhammer THAC0 14 [1d20] = 18 damage [1d4+6] = 3+6 = 9

if 2nd attack is at the end of this round:
warhammer THAC0 14 [1d20] = 1 damage [1d4+6] = 3+6 = 9

_________________
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:15 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8525
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[R3]

Jerry shakes her head and takes the rope, using it to carefully lower herself to the first tier; the Undead Hunter passing mere feet between two pairs of skeletons in the process.

Far below, Cross calls his command word and the dagger Gar leaps to his hand in one swift motion. Taking aim, he hurls the dagger at the nearest foe. The point strikes cleanly into the skeleton’s skull, cracking the brittle sun-baked bone to destroy the animated dead.

Adrestia rushes forward, her magical rapier in hand, and stabs yet another. Her aim is true, and the narrow blade hacks through the creature’s spine sending it clattering to the canyon floor. "It's just a scratch, but there is plenty of time to get more." her brother Pytor quips to the Halfling cleric before he moves to meet the enemy; his own silver Warhammer completely shattering the undead’s shoulder and upper back.

A sling stone flies from the rear of the party, Merrick crushing yet another of the walking abominations. Seeing the others surge forward Mira cries out "Oh forget this!" before joining the fray and dispatching a foe of her own with the heavy mace.

Three of the skeletons atop the lowest tier let themselves down and rush the Vistani-bred fighters. The pair defend themselves well, Pytor taking only a small cut on the arm. An arrow sails past the skeleton that slashed the gypsy man, but to no avail. One more spear sails from the ziggurat, seeking Adrestia but falling short of the mark.

The skeleton near Pyros begins to move past him. Seeing a golden opportunity, the Kender crushes it’s back above the hip with his gold-studded club. Immediately he becomes visible and the skeletons on the tier above raise their spears to attack the diminutive rogue! The ever evasive Pyros quickly grabs the nearby rope and rappels down to the canyon floor and out of sight of the undead; where he presses himself against the wall for cover from above.

Adran strikes down one of the creatures attacking Pytor, and heavily injures the other with well-aimed arrows. Elsa moves up to support the gypsy man, but both she and Pytor fail to connect; the later even losing the grip on his Warhammer and sending it to the ground!


[Pyros rolled a nat 20 to hit, but since the base damage was enough to destroy the skeleton, I didn’t roll the extra]
[The red W near Pytor is his Warhammer that slipped from his grip]
[Actions Round 4?]
======
Init:

Jerry: 3 (moving)
Cross (5+2 Gar): 7 (holding)
Adrestia (5+3 Mrapier): 8 (holding)
Pytor (4+ 4 Warhammer): 8
Merrick (4+6 sling): 10
Mira (4+7 mace): 11
Skels (8+3 unarmed): 11
Art (5+7 sb): 12
Skels (8+6 spear): 14
Pyros (10 +4 club): 14
Adran (8+8 LB): 16
Elsa (10+7 mace): 17


Jerry uses the rope and climbs down to the lowest tier

Cross uses the word of return and Gar leaps back to his hand.
Cross throws his dagger Gar at s18 (short range)
Thaco 20 vs AC7: Need 13+
[1d20] = 15, hit!
For [1d4] = 4
s18 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 2 dmg!
s18 is Destroyed!
Cross Gar vs s18 [1d20] = 15, [1d4] = 4

Adrestia moves 7 feet SouthWest and stabs at s21 (AC 7) with her magical rapier
Thaco 14 vs AC 7: Need 7+ to hit
[1d20] = 8, hit!
For [1d6+4] = 6 dmg!
s21 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 3 dmg!
s21 is Destroyed!



Pytor moves 20 feet SouthWest and bashes at s10 (AC 7) with his warhammer
THAC0 14 vs AC 7: Need 7+ to hit
[1d20] = 18, hit!
For [1d4+6] = 3+6 = 9 damage
s10 is Destroyed!

Merrick fires a sling stone at s11 (AC 7)
Thac0 19 vs AC 7: need 12+
[1d20] = 16, hit!
For [1d4] = 3 damage!
s11 is Destroyed!

Mira moves SouthWest 40 feet and bashes at s12 (AC 7) with her mace (unproficient -3)
Thaco 18 vs AC 7 (-3): Need 14+ to hit
[1d20] = 14, hit! (barely)
For [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5 Damage
s12 is Destroyed!



s9 and s19 lower themselves to the canyon floor and move East 25 feet to attack Pytor
s9 slashes (-2 vs chain) with its claws at Pytor (AC 5)
Thaco 19 vs AC 5 (-2): Need 16+ to hit
[1d20] = 17, hit!
For [1d6] = 2 dmg
Pytor is Hurt! [24/32]

s19 slashes (-2 vs chain) with its claws at Pytor (AC 5)
Thaco 19 vs AC 5 (-2): Need 16+ to hit
[1d20] = 14, miss!

s9, s19 claw vs Pytor [1d20] = 17, [1d6] = 2, [1d20] = 14, [1d6] = 5

s20 lowers itself to the canyon floor and moves East 25 feet to attack Adrestia
s20 slashes (-2 vs chain) with its claws at Adrestia (AC 4)
Thaco 19 vs AC 4 (-2): Need 17+ to hit
[1d20] = 8, miss!

Art moves West 25 feet and fires His Shortbow at s9 (AC 7, -2 in melee with Pytor)
Thac0 17 vs AC 7 (-2): need 12+
[1d20] = 7, miss!


s13 moves East 20 feet and throws its spear at Adrestia (AC 4, -2 for medium range, -2 in melee with s20)
Thac0 19 vs AC4 (-4): Need 19+ to hit!
[1d20] = 14, miss!

S17 moves North 20 feet, provoking an attack of opportunity from Pyros!
Pyros bashes with his Gold club at s17 (AC 7) and Becomes Visible!!!
Thac0 18 vs AC 7: Need 11+
[1d20] = 20, hit! Possible crit!
For [1d6] = 3
s17 is Destroyed!

s201 – s205 Raise spears and prepare to attack Pyros!

Pyros moves 5 feet East and moves down the rope to the canyon floor, then takes Cover* against the Ziggurat wall

Adran moves Southeast 10 feet and fires his Longbow at s9 (AC 7, -2 in melee with Pytor)
Thaco 19 vs AC 7 (-2): need 14+
[1d20] = 18, hit!
For [1d6] = 6
s9 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 3 dmg!
s9 is Destroyed!

Elsa Moves SouthWest 25 feet and bashes at s19 (AC 7) with her silver mace
Thaco 18 vs AC 7: Need 11+
[1d20] = 5, miss!


Adrestia stabs, a second time, at s20 (AC 7) with her magical rapier
Thaco 14 vs AC 7: Need 7+ to hit
[1d20] = 15, hit!
For [1d6+4] = 10 dmg!
s20 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 5 dmg!
s20 is Destroyed!

Pytor bashes, a second time, at s19 (AC 7) with his warhammer
THAC0 14 vs AC 7: Need 7+ to hit
[1d20] = 1, miss! Possible fumble!
Pytor Fumble conf [1d20] = 9
Fumble confirmed!
Pytor’s silver faced Warhammer flies WestSouthWest 5 feet!

Art fires His Shortbow, a second time, at s19 (AC 7, -2 in melee with Pytor)
Thac0 17 vs AC 7 (-2): need 12+
[1d20] = 8, miss!

Adran fires his Longbow, a second time, at s19 (AC 7, -2 in melee with Pytor)
Thaco 19 vs AC 7 (-2): need 14+
[1d20] = 16, hit!
For [1d6] = 3
s19 takes (half dmg vs piercing) = 2 dmg!
s19 is about to be Destroyed!

s14 – s16 spread out along the lowest tier…
s14 and s16 see the party and prepare to engage


Attachments:
Ziggurat 3.png
Ziggurat 3.png [ 92.28 KiB | Viewed 1968 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:28 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5707
Pyros will wait in the cover of the first Tier to see what happens with any other skeletons.

If any more move down to the ground he will rush to intercept them and try to crush them!

From his current position:

"Hey, HEEEEEEY, look out, possibly more spears coming!"

======================
So I have the 17 for the dagger with the 4 on the d4

Gold Studded : [1d20] = 14 [1d6] = 6


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group