Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:19 am

Advanced search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:26 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

When Jerry's aware of the find in the top she joins the group to try and make use of her Undead Hunter senses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:06 am 
Emperor
Emperor

[ooc]: Adran was just barely inside when searching because you have to be in contact with the surface you're searching for a secret door. Now that he found it he's basically in front of the opening on the outside. and yes he would communicate it to the rest of the group. He will gladly move if anyone else wants to go in[/ooc]

Jerry thinks about the surrounding area [the lack of living things except for scavengers, hundreds of skeletons hung up on posts coming into the canyon, a giant ziggurat completely covered with skeletons] and comes to the conclusion that this entire section of the Canyon is a potential lair. While the Ziggurat seems to be the most promising single structure so far the extent of the Canyons suggest that it may not be the only suitable locale. She is also fairly certain that this is not the work of a vampire, as they must sustain themselves on the living.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:39 am 
Prince
Prince

Pyros will carefully clear more of the clay and look for some traps.

"Back up a moment please." All business suddenly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:55 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Pyros further uncovers the lid's edges and proceeds to examine it. From this side of the door (outside) he is fairly certain there are no detecable traps.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:00 am 
Prince
Prince

Unless stopped Pyros will try the hatch to see if it is locked. If it is he will try unlocking. If it is not he will open it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:02 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"This isn't a vampire lair," announces Jerry, grimly pleased.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:45 am 
Marshall
Marshall

Visibly fuming after speaking out about Pyros' club, Pytor had kept to himself for a few moments. His attention returns at the Mystrarian's proclamation. "How do you know that, Lady Jerry? Did your goddess speak to you?" He asks inquisitively? Taking time to look at the hole, he ponders whether it should be enlargened to allow better entry. Stepping up next to Mira, the gypsy rests a hand on her shoulder giving a gentle squeeze. "Do you think we should widen this entry before going any farther, Nightingale? It may impede a quick departure."

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:08 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Pyros lifts the trap door out of the way, revealing a hidden stairway down into the structure. The passage seems all of one piece, much like the structure itself. The stair turns at a right angle a short distance; spiraling down into darkness. A torch hangs in a skeletal hand buried into the side of the wall.

Outside, the members of the party keeping watch spot movement at the passage on the southern end of the canyon...

====
Here is the map, the movement was glimpsed only for a second, at ground level, like a creature passing breifly into view. It was too quick and too far for any real detail. It was at the south (bottom) passage.
the red skeletons are all of the destroyed ones visible, no danger from them

Attachments:
Radaga Canyon.jpg
Radaga Canyon.jpg [ 329.66 KiB | Viewed 721 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:38 pm 
Prince
Prince

"OH Baby, See you folks at the bottom of these stairs!" Pyros will head down but not willy nilly.

He will light the torch, and start to check out the first few steps to see if they are rigged.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:47 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"She is always with me, Pytor. But, no, not in the way that you mean," Jerry answers, trying to explain Faith. "That is based on my studies, knowledge and experince, of undead."
Having moved back to the top tier, she takes a moment to smiile-and-eyebrow-raise an "I'm aright; are you ok?" look at Merrick.

With an appreciative nod to her better half Jerry follows Pyros, ready to help the group's 'trouble-magnet'.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:17 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Did you see that?" Mira asks Elsa as she catches sight of the figure coming from the south, "Somethings coming. Get them hurried up in in there. I'll cover until we can all enter."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:28 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Pyros strikes a light and the dry torch ignites almost instantly. With alacrity he checks the first section of stairs, and finds no immediate hazard. Proceeding to the turn he finds it winds down steeply into the structure; each turn coming farther along than the last.

Jerry looks back at Merrick, who gives her an apprehensive half-grin in return. The Mystaran turns and follows the Intrepid Rogue into the structure. The hard baked walls are worn smooth with effort and age ,not a single seam showing anywhere.

whatever it is I doubt it's friendly, the cleric grimaces. if it is more Undead I can help slow it down.

if we stand our ground we run the risk of it getting away to fetch help. Mira is right, we should hide. Our... work on the skeletons won't go unnoticed. Turning to Adrestia, you should go in next those of us with better range can go in last in case we are spotted. the dark-haired woman makes a dissatisfied face but nods. She and Merrick begin to climb up to the statue and the secret hatch inside. Adran moves as if to follow.

[ Pyros and Jerry are inside, what order do we want for the rest of the group?]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:31 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Jerry equips her magical mace as she follows after Pyros.
She keeps a sharp eye out for secret doors (etc).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:31 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"As long as you go in as soon as there is room. Whatevers coming will definitely not be happy. That goes for everyone! I'll go last." Perhaps she was trying to make up for her lack of action against the skeletons, but Mira grips her Crossbow tightly and sets her face, determined against whatever was coming.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:08 pm 
Marshall
Marshall

As the others slip thru the opening in the statue, Pytor replies to Mira jokingly. "Oh I can fit through as it is, but I'll need a shove. Don't worry. I won't be able to see behind me. So you won't have to hide your pleasure. Try not to spend much time fondling if you can though." Shoving his gear ahead of him, Pytor extends one arm and his head thru the opening then rotates slightly before pulling his opposite shoulder on through. Exhaling, the gypsy wiggles his way further inward until his hips lodge against the opening... "As I thought, this as far as I can make it on my own..."

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Advanced search