Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:37 am

Advanced search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:34 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Fondling? You actually think I can't control myself for two seconds? I believe you need to get over yourself." Pushing him not so gently with the palm of each hand on his cheeks she shoves him inwards and resumes her watch. "Move, everyone move quickly."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:12 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Jerry keeps going, following Pyros, alert but relaxed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:52 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

The curious Kender continues down the stair; the plain passage yielding no danger to his eyes. Jerry prepares herself for trouble and sticks close.

One by one the others begin to make their way inside; each ascending the rope and crawling awkwardly into the hollow Raven to pass between the giant bony sentries through the secret door on the pinnacle of the Ziggurat.

Mira moves into the shelter of the secret area last, shortly behind Elsa. As she does, she sees a humanoid figure emerge from the south... then another, and another until a half-dozen of the creatures emerge. From this distance, they appear to be humanoids with somewhat bloated looking heads and dark scraggly hair. They move about in a somewhat hunched fashion with a strange, uneven gait. They wear what appear to be very ill-kept clothes of humble origin, and have odd mottled greenish brown skin.

[wis check for mira pls]

Pyros follows the ever-lengthening sections until the stair finally breaks into a chamber. The stairs continue down the side wall of a large, square room 25 feet on a side and 20 feet high. The stairs reach the floor half-way along one wall. The torch casts only barely enough light to reach the edges but in the dim just beyond he can make out several lidded earthen jugs in one corner, and a small table covered with a red cloth lying over something flat in the opposite corner.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:08 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Is the 'flat something'about 6 foot long and a couple of foot across? I.e. could be a humanoid laying down?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:31 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Stat Check [1d20] = 16 Failed, but asking Mira for a Wisdom check.. lol. Her lack of Wisdom is the reason she is here now.

"Strange looking things coming, sort of remind me of some Goblins I saw only much ugiler." She reports twisting her form (and hoping Pytor isnt watching) in order to ensure the girls fit inside the cramped hole.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:51 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[no chris, the flat something is not nearly that wide and less than an inch high]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:37 pm 
Prince
Prince

While the jugs look interesting, this covered thing must be the ultimately interesting thing as its covered so nicely in such an odd location.

"Hold back a moment, folks like to leave traps in these kinds of places."

Pyros will check the floor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:19 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Mira makes it into the passage easily enough, and the group begins to file in to the lower chamber along the stairway crafted as one with the wall. Pyros' torch light moves back and forth as he searches the area. A few short minutes later, he is convinced there are no hidden traps.

As the Kender draws closer to the table he can see that dust lies thick atop the cloth and around it. The rest of the room has little to none. The table itself is quite small, hardly two feet long and half as wide; almost a flat podium-like structure. The red velvet cloth draped over the top hangs a few inches over the side.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:36 pm 
Prince
Prince

"Why would someone leave something so fancy here for so long? It must be important to hide this well!" Not being able to hold back any longer, he will lift the cloth.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:47 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"Maybe a mirror. They're always nasty. Trap your soul. That sort of thing," answers Jerry, doing her best to instill caution in the unusally cautionless. "Treat it as a vision-based trap. Got a mirror of your own, Pyros?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:40 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Interesting." Mira shifts into the room, raising an eyebrow at Jerry's comments, "A Mirror? Strange." While others are concerned with the table Mira searches the rest of the small room with interest.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:55 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Elsa glances towards Pyros as he prepares to unveil the item on the table, speaking to Mira at the same time. What were those things we saw...? They looked... odd.

Mira inspects the other side of the room from the Kender and finds the earthen jugs all presumably made from the same red clay as the rest of the canyon, but fired and adorned with various patterns and markings. They are of various sizes and the marks are various motifs of ravens. Cra CRAW loudly breaks the relative quiet of the chamber as Cross' familiar wings its way around the room in a circle before perching atop one of the steps high above the room's floor. Almost agitatedly Fenrir shifts his wings as he settles.

Adrestia eyes the table dubiously from near the bottom of the staircase, her ranseur half at the ready. Adran follows Mira in her inspection, muttering speculatively to himself about the designs. Merrick and Artanis stand near the bottom of the stairs as well; the dark haired half elf watching Jerry closely and the ranger watching the stairs.

Mira finds each of the jugs sealed with a plug at the top nearly twice the width of her palm. The corks seem made of dried wood.

On the other side of the room Pyros continues his investigation, lifting the red cloth free. A swirl of dust scatters around, causing him to sneeze loudly! Beneath he finds an oak table with a single sheet of parchment on it, pressed flat with a thick piece of glass. The parchment itself is clearly quite old, and appears pock-marked as if drops of water had marred its surface long long ago. Likely only the presence of the glass has kept it from disintegrating from age. The script is strange and doesn't resemble any language the Kender is familiar with...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:13 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Jerry smiles back at Merrick and gives him a wink before tuning back to the thing Pyros has found.
It's always Pyros. Discoverer of everyone else's secrets!
She shakes her head smilghtly, amused by the fellow, and then tries reading the document:
    Celestial , Common, Dwarven, Elvish, Halfling, Infernal, Orc, Sylvan or any magical writing

If nothing crops up to stop her, Jerry then does a walk round table and then round the edge of the room, hoping her elven ancestry will allow her to sense any inconsistencies indicating secret doors.
When near Elsa she pauses and asks about the oddness of the creatures.
- If she recognises 'undead', for example, a gait description as that frequently indicative of ghouls, she shares that identification.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:25 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"I'm not sure, some sort of creature like a I want to say a Goblin, but honestly they were just too weird." Mira replies looking at the earthenware jugs. "And whats inside you I wonder?" She asks, it was tempting to place a dagger inside the first one and pop it out. Still, traps. She hoists one gently, shaking it lightly, listening to see if she can hear what might be inside.

(Not sure if this will work, but Detect Noise [1d100] = 63 Fail..

"What have you found Pyros?" She asks, moving to the table. "Why would anyone leave those there? The tops are just crying out to open."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:42 am 
Prince
Prince

"I um, a letter of some kind, I can't read it. Um, I will be over there." As he is telling Mira about the letter he will be clearly checking out the jugs. (The clay pots, :lol: )

Puffing up his chest a bit.

"No one touch those! I better check them for traps!"

=====///=====================

"Friend; What is making you so agitated?" Via his link to Fenrir.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next

Advanced search