Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 Scene 5: "Cavern of the Crown of Souls" (Game Thre
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:43 pm 
Peddler
Peddler

Adran continues to bring up the rear......

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:28 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

The group continues out of the cave and into the cool, mid-morning air. The woman shivers as she crosses the threshold to the outside, and Mira too feels a sudden weight lift from her as she escapes the oppressive shadow of the cavern. Each party member in turn experiences the same mild shock as they exit, as if a lead blanket had been... not necessary lifted completely, but replaced by a lesser weight like sodden wool. The smoky trail of mist has continued to thin beyond the width of a small finger, but persists despite Pyros' fervent swipes through it with his bracelet.

Weaving and wedging their way through the winding narrow passage in the canyon wall, they come once again to the open area. A dried, bleached skeleton lies stretched between four stakes with leather thongs; unmoved from his position the day before. Across the cul-de-sac lies the dark entrance to a second cavern running deep into the earth. Adran, keeping watch along with the gypsy fighter Adrestia and the ranger Artanis, note the large circling crows above; though the carrion eaters keep their distance...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:28 pm 
King
King

Jerry says to Karl, "Can I fix that for you?"
    (Unless he disagrees, she casts Cure Moderate wounds on him).

She also casts Regenerate Light Wounds on herself.

Last edited by Chris1234 on Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:42 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

On the walk out Cross tries to imagine what could possibly be doing this.

With all his research and book reading he must have seen something like this before.

=================================
Spellcraft (15)
OR
Maybe an idea on how to break the rock.
Engineering(14)

Pyros happily follows along hop tap hop tap, the sound of his crutch walking.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:25 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Cross ponders the stone and comes to the conclusion that it is certainly the vessel for whatever has been draining Tarlyn. It seems unnaturally durable (based on how it resisted the normal weapons) and would be very difficult to break. Some things that could make it easier would be cutting sharp notches in the stone that would act as stress concentrators. Unfortunately, they apparently cannot do this with tools or weapons; but Elsa's stone shape spell, if properly applied, might be just the thing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:03 am 
Baronet
Baronet

Allowing a long full breaths to enter his Lungs Karl thanks Jerry with a nod of his head, and then lets out a mental call to summon Bayard, calling the horse while he reaches hesitantly for his blade.

"We will protect you My Lady. Of that you have my word." He explains to Tarlyn, turning her gaze from the poor creature tied to before them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:08 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Well that was up there with one of the most unpleasant expereinces of my life, and I've bathed in streams whislt being chased by dragons, Ive danced.." She falls silent, shooting Elsa a warning glance. "Lets find a place to regroup, get Elsa's spell and tackle that once more." She doesnt mention the other cavern. "So what did you manage to do?" she asks Pyros, examinng the bracelet.

MAN This is going to be a wild theory!
A little bit of everything [1d100]=100 (25%)

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:07 am 
King
King

Jerry nods back to Karl, "You're welcome."

======
Karl regained +10HP from the CMW

Last edited by Chris1234 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:39 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Jerry speaks a healing prayer and lays a hand upon the Knight. Even the most severe of his wounds closes completely! Perhaps subconsciusly, the knight tests his sword hilt and finds that the blade moves freely in the scabbard almost effortlessly. It seems now that the weighty oppression of the evil runes is lifted, the party's swords and spells could be freely used again. Artanis notes the change. Ah good. Now that that little ordeal is behind us.. he nods to his silver-bladed sword, still hanging borrowed at the knight's side.

Mira voices the overall plan, but quickly realizes thatt he group only awoke a couple of hours ago; so it will be some time before they can rest and recover spells. Examining Pyros' new bracelet, she makes a startling conclusion. Could it be that the bracelet, like the stone slab, was designed to drain the life of those it latched onto! The nature of the burrowing thorns and the complete inability for the Kender to remove it both seem to confirm that it must be some sort of cursed life-draining device!

Bayard soon comes into view 120 feet away, galloping towards his Knight through the only entrance to the cul-de-sac with some ergency...

=====
Jerry casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Sir Kar
[1d10+1] = 10
Sir Karl is Fully Healed

Jerry casts Regenerate Light Wounds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:12 pm 
Baronet
Baronet

"I suggest we get our Weapons ready. Bayard would not be approaching if things were well." Handing the Silver sword to the Ranger he draws his weapon and prepares to defend the group.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:21 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Elsa, we need to get that thing off him. What if its like the stab? What if its drawing his life..? Who knows where its going?" Mira calls in alarm, damn, she should have kept a better eye on him. "What now?" She asks drawing the crossbow while watching Pyros intently.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:02 pm 
King
King

Jerry speculates, "Merrick, do you think the spikey bracelet Pyros has could be the opposite of what we're assuming? Like he may now be the recipient of whatever the stone does?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:28 am 
Emperor
Emperor

[opposite, eh? It's almost as if jerry saw mira's roll :lol: ]

Concern paints Elsa's face and she examines the kender. I might be able to remove the curse but again it will be tomorrow before I can prepare that prayer. I can only prepare one strong enough to do that each day which we already know I need for Tarlyn or the stone or now Pyros. And it will still be more than half a day before I can pray for additional gifts from Yondalla.

Hmm.. that's an interesting theory and it certainly could be true, but if that were the case would not the trail of Mist be flowing from Tarlyn to Pyros' bracelet? Merrick asks Jerry.

Bayard continues almost sprinting towards the group and just as the knight calls out his concern a trio of figures appears at the mouth Canyon. It is difficult to tell much at this distance but they are clearly humanoid wearing rags of clothing and trotting at a fair pace after the horse.

====
The three figures are about 120 feet away

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:13 am 
King
King

Jerry shrugs, "Honestly, I just don't know. I was trying to figure it out, is all. Do you have some theory then?"

======
Do the three appraoaching ragbags have a telltale gait? Such as that often noted in zombies, for example..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:32 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I dont think we have enough information to develop a solid theory yet aside from this: It is resisting removal, so it is probably either a cursed magical object, or under some unseen power such as an animated magical ability, or it is a living thing resisting removal. I don't think we have even deternined definitively if it is a magical object yet have we? he asks.

Jerry examines the stride of the incoming figures briefly, but they do not display the jerky gait of typical common zombies. As an undead slayer, however, she understands that there are variant or advanced undead who do not display those characteristics. Even so, at this distance it is imposible to tell without some magical means whether they are indeed undead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Advanced search