Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6135
Location:
somewhere in the aether
During the peacefull respite, suddenly the party hear's Pik's voice screaming out in alarm!

[Con checks please. Those who pass awaken to the following scene. Those who fail awaken next round.]

The voice of the Kobold is screaming out from somewhere, though nobody can spot him (even Yelb, should he wake). The interior of the cabin appears largely the same, and Cait is peering cautiously out one of the shutters. There is one new aspect, addition of a gaping hole in the wall the height of a door and 4 foot wide besides! A massive troll-head peeks through as it wedges itself inside, hunching over under the roof. A second appears just in the doorway, leering hungrily at the waking party!

====
Seos con check to wake abruptly (Con 16)
Seos con check [1d20] = 3,
pass. Seos awakens!

The grey lines are the stone walls of the cabin.
The blue rectangles are windows (shuttered closed except where Cait is peeking out)
The grey rectangle is the door, still secured shut.
Oh, and there is a huge hole in the wall and the trolls are getting in... see image below.


Attachments:
_20170515_123315.JPG
_20170515_123315.JPG [ 46.26 KiB | Viewed 326 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:40 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 2952
[Mother Trucker]

Con Check: [1d20] = 13


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:58 am 
Online
Count
Count

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 3856
Con ck TN9 [1d20] = 5


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:22 pm 
Online
Baron
Baron
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2520
[1d20] = 11 Con save

Failed. (CON 5!) Yelb is as sleepy as my true self :)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:46 pm 
Online
Count
Count

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 3856
Edited 17 May, 10.20pm:
Ornvul rolls to her feet and tries to cast Colour spray so as to catch the trolls and miss the party that she is aware of.

======
url=http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=118692&macid=0]init [1d10] = 7[/url]


Last edited by Chris1234 on Wed May 17, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:00 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6135
Location:
somewhere in the aether
===
-from the very back wall to the wall outside the cabin is 20', so a LB would come all of the way back. The hole in the wall is 4' wide (one square = 5x5 feet)
-slow affects a 40' cube. Even if she aimed in the far corner it would encompass everyone
-color spray forms a wedge starting from the caster's hand and moving out (5' wide at hand, x20' wide at end x20' long). She could catch both trolls without endangering the party (unless invisible pik is in the way, which she doesn't know
-i figured she was sleeping in her armor as you never said she removed it.
Donning chainmail or leather takes 1 round (doubled without assistance)
Hastilly donning these takes 1 round and worsens the AC by 1

===
Donning multiple piece armor (like plate) takes 1d6+4 rounds (trippled without assistance)
but cait was awake and wearing armor.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:06 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 2952
Jar suddenly starts in his sleep, but appears to be still out of it.

Cait stands like a statue watching in horror as the Trolls enter. Her mind trying to will her hands onto her scabbard so she can rend the intruders limb from limb.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:04 am 
Online
Baron
Baron
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2520
=================
(OOC: Only two trolls? Cait eat them for breakfast with one hand tied to her leg. Even if Yelb will open his eyes he should just roll and go to sleep again. :))


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 2952
OoC: Cait is held...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:51 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6135
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Seos and Ornvul begin reciting magical incantations; the elf dipping into her pouch for multicolored sand. The amazon finishes her casting first and is enveloped in a wreath of Green Flame that fits to her form. She steps toward the trolls, effectively blocking them from the rest of the party. Just as Ornvul is about to finish her spell a dead-silence falls over the room!

Not the barest noise can be heard, and the discontinuity is disturbing as the lumbering trolls edge closer, preparing to attack in utter silence! Abandoning the now-worthless ritual, Ornvul snatches her buckler and swords. The elf is able to ready herself before the lumbering trolls. She slashes the closest one across the leg, scoring a fair hit and drawing forth oozing black blood. Her off-hand, nearly misses as she tries to get the buckler situated. The powerful magic of the found-sword, however, causes the blade to punch through the troll’s thick hide like a hot knife through snow! The hit is narrow, but her strength and the magic of the blade are enough to leave a significant wound. The troll, surprised by the assault is visibly weakened!

Meanwhile, Seos is dealing with her own foe. The gangly green monster slashes at the amazon, but she easily evades his first attack. The second slash catches her square on the head! Suddenly a magical suit of ethereal-looking plate mail flashes into existence for an instant and she is unharmed! Infuriated, the creature snaps its fetid teeth at her, narrowly missing!

Nearby, Ornvul’s own attacker has much more success. The monster slashes at the wild-elf, striking her with a heavy blow! Her own magical protection causes the creatures claws to scrape harmlessly off of her as she struggles to ready her buckler. The second slash catches her as well, though she is again protected by her spell. Lunging forward with rancid breath, the troll bites with powerful jaws just as the scout secures and raises her new magical buckler! In any other circumstances the tiny shield might not have been enough, but its magical aura proves sufficient to deflect the attack!

Jar and Yelb slowly snap themselves out of their drowsiness to find the now-silent nightmare all too real! Cait seems to be staring out of the window still, unmoving despite the bedlam. Yelb’s enhanced vision spots Pik near the window as well, clearly invisible to the others. He is holding his magical short sword and seems to be waiting on something.


[There is a magical silence over the area where the party is. No sound comes in or out, so speaking to each other doesn’t work. Even if someone were speaking outside of the area of silence, those within could not hear them. Spells with Verbal components (all of them?) cannot be cast within the area of silence]
[We’ll keep the same initiative roll each round for simplicity.]
[Actions R2?]
====
Initiative R1
Pik (2): 2
Seos (2+4 spell): 6
Ornvul (7+1 spell): 8
T1 (5+6 natl attk): 11
T2 (7+6 natl attk): 13
Jar (NA): Waking
Yelb (NA): Waking
Cait (NA): Held


Pik steps out of interdimensional space (still invisible. Only yelb can see him) and moves near Cait.

Seos Casts Fire Aura on herself. Seos is enveloped in Green Flame!
Seos interposes herself between the trolls and the waking members of the party.
Fire aura will last 30 rounds.

Ornvul begins casting.

Silence falls on the room!

Ornvul stops casting and readies her buckler, longsword and short sword.
Ornvul slashes with her Longsword+1 at T2
Thac0 7 vs AC 4: Need 3+
LS [1d20] = 4, hit!
For [1d12+4] = 4+4 = 8 dmg!
T2 is Hurt!

Ornvul stabs with her +3 short sword at T2
Thac0 5 vs AC 4: Need anything but a 1
[1d20] = 2, hit! (Barely)
For [1d8+6] = 1+6 = 7 damage
T2 is Hurt Badly!

T1 claws with his right at Seos (AC 3)
[1d20]= 6, Miss!

T1 claws with his left at Seos (AC 3)
[1d20]= 20, Hit! Possible Crit!
[1d20]= 4, Crit Confirmed!
[1d4+4] + [1d4] = 9 damage
Seos’ Invisible Mail absorbs damage!
Invisible Mail [6 hps remain]

T1 bites at Seos (AC 3)
[1d20]= 9, Miss! (barely)

T2 claws with his right at Ornvul (AC -2)
[1d20]= 19, Hit!
Ornvul’s Stoneskin protects her! [8/9]

T2 claws with his left at Ornvul (AC -2)
[1d20]= 16, Hit!
Ornvul’s Stoneskin protects her! [8/9]

T2 bites at Ornvul (AC -2) using her magical buckler+1 (-2 to hit)
[1d20]= 16, miss!

T2 vs Ornvul clw, clw, bite [1d20] = 19, [1d20] = 16, [1d20] = 16


Attachments:
_20170520_094835.JPG
_20170520_094835.JPG [ 37.72 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:45 am 
Online
Count
Count

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 3856
Assuming there is insufficient room for sword song, Ornvul tries to strike the troll down using brute force.

======
LS,LS,SS TN 3,3,2 [1d20] = 14, [1d20] = 11, [1d20] = 11
LS,LS,SS dam [1d12+4] = 9+4 = 13, [1d12+4] = 10+4 = 14, [1d8+6] = 2+6 = 8


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:38 pm 
Online
Baron
Baron
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2520
Yelb instinctively tries to shout orders for the team to take cover while planning to blast the trolls with steam, but unable to hear himself he quickly understands the situation, draws both swords and attacks the troll close to him.

====================================================================================
(OOC: I think Yelb has 2 swords + 1 right? Yelb has 2/1 attacks with the right hand so...
Attacks: [1d20+4] = 5+4 = 9 ALS1 [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6 ALS2 [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6 ALS1

Oh crap. I'm missing hits all over the forum games... :)
)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:38 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 2952
Jar obviously sluggish from the ordeals from the last few days struggles with the silence, and takes in the scene.

Initiative: [1d10] = 8

He will steadily take out lamp oil, a couple torches and his flint and steel.

He will then light the torch. While readying the oil to squirt it at the trolls.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:18 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6135
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Seos ducks and dodges around her opponent’s attacks as she looks for an opening. Finally she spots one, hopping forward to strike the creature with her fiery aura! The beast howls silently in pain and rage as Green Flames engulf it, filling the small space with the all-too familiar stench of burning troll-flesh. The amazon moves south a little, preparing to attack the other troll.

Yelb begins to shout, but quickly recognizes the magical silence. Drawing his magical longsword and one of the new magical short swords he steps between Cait and the now-burning Troll. His longsword strikes true, hacking deep into the creature’s chest with the force of the blow. The hideous monster staggers only long enough for him to thrust his short sword into the opposite side. Still ablaze, the lanky foe crashes backwards to the floor soundlessly.

Meanwhile Jar, somewhat removed from the melee, begins fishing around for equipment. He digs out his torches, lamp oil and flint. He strikes rapid sparks until he gets the torch light, suddenly realizing there is a wizard nearby fully shrouded in fire...

Ornvul continues her assault, striking the badly injured troll down with a heavy blow from her magical longsword. In the doorway another pair of trolls prepare to enter. Suddenly, some unseen force strikes the Sylvan Elf a staggering blow! Color shifts in the open space before her to reveal tall snake-headed tall figure wielding a two-handed sword! It’s the snake-woman she fought when scouting alone! The creature snaps her serpentine jaws forward, narrowly missing the scout! On instinct Ornvul stabs with her new magical sword at her new opponent, but the tip rebounds as if she had struck hard stone! The snake-woman must have the same magical protection!

Yelb spots the invisible Pik, holding his magical sword and buckler, creep out of the cabin through the hole in the wall! Two more trolls duck in through the same opening, the first closing to engage with Yelb! It slashes at the half-orc with its fetid claws, but the Transmuter’s illusory platemail springs into sight absorbing the blow! The creature continues to attack, but dirty claws and teeth fail to bypass the magical protection. Ornvul regains her balance and slashes hard with her longsword at the returned challenger. She connects fully but fails to overcome the stone-like skin. The abomination’s serpentine head responds with a decidedly evil silent grin.

Small bits of thatch and straw begin to fall from the ceiling. Something is trying to dig through the roof! A small hole opens up and the party can see a glaring trollish eyeball peer down from above!


[Yelb has one Longsword +1, and the magical short swords (which Ornvul identified, but she didn’t have a chance to tell him what they are yet)]
[Actions R3]
Attachment:
Tarrana.JPG
Tarrana.JPG [ 43.67 KiB | Viewed 175 times ]

====
Initiative R1
???: holding for a condition
Pik (2): 2
Seos (2+4 spell): 6
Yelb (5+3 magical LS): 8
Jar (8): 8
Ornvul (7+3 magical LS): 10
T1 (5+6 natl attk): 11
T3 (5+6 natl attk): 11
T2 (7+6 natl attk): 13
T4 (7+6 natl attk): 13
T5: last
T6: last
Cait (NA): Held
Yelb init [1d10] = 5

Pik (invisible) holds

Seos attempts to touch T1 with her Green Flame
Thac0 16 vs AC 4: need 12+
[1d20] = 15, hit! for [2d4] = 7 damage!
T1 save vs Death Magic
[1d20] = 6, fail!
T1 is engulfed in Green Flame! [Automatic 1d6 dmg/round for 2d4 rounds]


Yelb slashes at T1 (AC 4) with the magical Longsword +1 in his Right (+3 to hit for gauntlets)
LS Thac0 8 vs AC4: Need 3+
LS attack #1 [1d20+4] = 5+4 = 9 Hit!
For [1d12+10] = 21 damage!
T2 is Hurt Critically!

Yelb Stabs at T1 (AC 4) with the magical short sword? In his Left (+3 to hit for gauntlets)
SS Thac0 9 vs AC4: Need 4+
SS attack #1 [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6 Hit!
For [1d8+8] = 16 damage!
T2 Goes Down!


Jar (not in melee) retrieves flint & steel, torches and lamp oil from his pack, and lights a torch.

Ornvul slashes with her Longsword+1 at T2
Thac0 7 vs AC 4: Need 3+
LS [1d20] = 14, hit!
For [1d12+4] = 13 dmg!
T2 is Hurt!


??? Vs Ornvul (AC -2) +4, no dex bonus to AC from the first attack from an invisible assailant. -2 slash vs chainmail
??? vs Ornvul [1d20] = 9, [1d20] = 6
2-H sword: [1d20] = 9, Hit!
Ornvul’s stoneskin protects her! [6/9]

??? becomes visible! It’s the Snake-Person Ornvul fought a few days ago!
The Snake-Woman Bites at Ornvul (AC -2)!
Bite: [1d20] = 6, Miss!

Ornvul stabs at the Snake Woman with her +3 short sword
Thac0 5 vs ???
[1d20] = 11, hit!
The Weapon does no damage!!!
[Stoneskin spell]

Pik slips out of the hut through the new opening.

T3 ducks in through the door and Moves to attack Yelb!
T3 slashes at Yelb (AC 1) with his Right claws
Thac0 13 vs AC 1: Need 12+
[1d20] = 12, Hit! (barely)
For T3 vs Yelb [1d4+4] = 6 damage!
Yelb’s Phantom Armor absorbs the damage!!! [8/14]

T3 slashes at Yelb (AC 1) with his left claws, Need 12+
[1d20] = 9, miss

T3 bites at Yelb (AC 1), Need 12+
[1d20] = 9, miss
T3 vs Yelb [1d20] = 12, [1d20] = 9, [1d20] = 9

T4 ducks in through the door but cannot reach anyone to attack!

Yelb slashes (2nd attack) at T3 (AC 4) with the magical Longsword +1 in his Right (+3 to hit for gauntlets)
LS Thac0 8 vs AC4: Need 3+
LS attack #2 [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6 Hit!
For [1d12+10] = 18 damage!
T3 is Hurt Badly!
Yelb dmg LS1, ss1, LS2 [1d12+10] = 21, [1d8+8] = 16, [1d12+10] = 18

Ornvul slashes (2nd attack) with her Longsword+1 at the Snake Woman
Thac0 7 vs ???
LS [1d20] = 11, hit!
The Weapon does no damage!!!
[Stoneskin spell]


T5 climbs onto the roof and begins tearing at the thatch!

T6 climbs onto the roof and begins tearing at the thatch!

---
It’s a little easier on me if you just do a bare d20 die-roll for attacks and mention the modifiers in text, otherwise there is the risk of missing a bonus/penalty or double-counting something.


Attachments:
_20170523_125921.JPG
_20170523_125921.JPG [ 44.3 KiB | Viewed 175 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Return [to Madness] Act 1 Scene 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:37 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 2952
Ini:8
[Lol shit... the green fire.]

Jar will toss the torch down in the Troll's general direction.

Then poke at the roof troll with his Qstaff.

QStaff+3 [1d20] = 19 [1d6+3] = 1+3 = 4


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group