Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:37 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: OOC Thread:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:02 pm 
Prince
Prince

This is for player discussions out of character or any question about the rules and such.

Post subject: Re: OOC Thread:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:28 am 
Prince
Prince

Since we have at least 3 people interested and working on characters, let's start the official 'vote' for which adventure we want to do!

A). Tomb of Horrors:
The true final resting place of the Evil Lich Acererak has finally been discovered (after many false ones).
Bold adventurers arrive there, perhaps each with their own motivations (unimaginable treasure, destroy ultimate evil, revenge, power and knowledge, etc)

This was the first module ever to answer the question:
How would an Evil supra-genius with nearly unlimited power who had lived for Centuries protect his lair if he truly wanted nobody to survive!

B). Labyrinth of Madness
A world-famous Paladin (lvl 20) set out with a high level party to destroy a hidden source of extreme evil (found through a massively complex divination). Everyone else died, and the paladin was trapped in the gem of a scepter and returned to his order's temple by a summoned mephit with the following message:
"If you continue to probe the unknown, you'll only discover new and faster means of inevitable destruction.
You are not even masters of your surface-world, do not presume to meddle in affairs far beyond you.
Disturb not the Labyrinth of Madness again, and live a while longer"

The order/kingdom puts out a call for the most skilled adventurers from everywhere to restore the paladin and rid the world of the evil

ToH: 2
LoM: 2

Tomb of Horrors vs Labyrinth of Madness! Tiebreaker Roll (of doooooom) [10d20] = 104 [10d20] = 133
Labyrinth of Madness wins!!!

Eligible voters at the moment are:
Nocturno: ToH
Xelphyn: LoM
BishGada: LoM
Mltillis (expressed interest)
Jenara (withdrawn, temp?)
Rivi: Either way...
Namenlos: ToH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:57 am 
Viscount
Viscount

I vote Tomb, then if we survive the poor souls can get pushed into the Labyrinth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:58 am 
Prince
Prince

I have added details for the Cantrip Non-Wep proficiency to the rules forum, as well as a modified ruling on crossbows and their dmg.

Xelphyn, were you still leaning towards the Labyrinth over the Tomb?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:56 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

Yes. also, my build may change to incorporate the cantrips nwp.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:08 pm 
Prince
Prince

Yeah, sorry about that. I had intended it from the start but I guess I overlooked it initially

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:47 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

So I have been contemplating what character to create for this, thinking of new ones is.. Well its tough.

Then I had a thought, in Stiks game I have Angel, or Lena Gallus, a half elf with the Myradoom kit. A broken fragile woman, torn by her actions and the way life has treated her.. What if that never happened?
What if she had become the Paladin she should have been, rather than mismatched armor she wears plate mail.

Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:54 pm 
Prince
Prince

I like the concept. My only caution at this point is that Bish is currently working on a Death Priest of Evil alignmemt. You would both have to consider some way for your characters to stand each other long enough to get the job done... (perhaps freeing the trapped Paladin for the Labyrinth would be enough for your char, or defeating a lich in ToH)

Side note, he was looking for someone to be his nemesis :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:26 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

A sort of:
We chased each other for years, and at the last moment we have to work together..

Bish and I will need to discuss.

Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:10 am 
Baron
Baron

Hi Jenara
Welcome aboard! :)

I would really like playing with you this love hate relationship. Or more hate/cautious-hate in this specific game. :)

Ke'Sha is not good looking, canibal halfling who doesn't care what others thinks about him but he is wise enough to hide it if there is a need. He wouldn't mind to take to his advantage the service of a warrior in the group. Even a naive Paladin. You on the other hand will have difficult time to go along with my evil acts. And there going to be many of those... You could believe you are going to save my soul and therefore it is a much greater good than all the little evils on the way... And anyway, as far as I understand, our characters are doomed to die after a limited amount of posts , so we wouldn't need to suffer each other for long time ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:33 am 
Prince
Prince

If we go with the labyrinth, the easiest way might be to say that the trapped paladin, Sorril Venir, is her mentor. She might do nearly anything she can to free him.

Dor the Tomb it may be tougher, but bringing ultimate destruction to an ArchLich might be enough. She also might immediately turn her efforts towards destroying the evil priest the moment they were done...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:15 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Lol a had a paladin that killed our thief three times. But the priest brought him back to life sine he thought it was funny. ..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:19 pm 
Prince
Prince

Wow.

Speaking of thieves, nobody has any rogue skills yet. I have taken the liberty of working up a Kobold Rogue NPC... he should be an... interesting addition to the party :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:45 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Well when the invisible thief pokes the tank in the back with a torch... who was taking on 3 lizard men... lol and crits with his longsword...

The party was shuffling around for a bit, trying to find the corpse, as the gm said he was laying on his own blood hiding it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:24 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

Jenara wrote:
So I have been contemplating what character to create for this, thinking of new ones is.. Well its tough.

Then I had a thought, in Stiks game I have Angel, or Lena Gallus, a half elf with the Myradoom kit. A broken fragile woman, torn by her actions and the way life has treated her.. What if that never happened?
What if she had become the Paladin she should have been, rather than mismatched armor she wears plate mail.

You're thinking about a background for a character going to the Tomb of Horrors? :lol: :lol:

Spend less time on the background and more time on the Last Will & Testament. :D

It's a fun, but challenging module. Enjoy.

The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97  Next

Advanced search