Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:28 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1111
"Move on" Bryce bluntly responds to Sorril's suggestion. "Something about them doesn't feel right. Try it if you want but you do that after me and mine clear out of this hall. Addressing his brothers and their companions he continues "Let's see where that black hole leads to." Bryce starts walking to the black sphere grumbling under his breath. As he passes his longtime companion he asks "You coming Elidyr? You better not be getting crushed to death in this hall, I still be needing you to pull me arse out of the occasional fire."
Without checking to see who is following, Bryce passes through the black sphere.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:38 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 1149
"If my brother says we move on, we must move on. I trust his judgment. Tabbi let's go," says Zafron as he follows Bryce.

Tabbi follows Zafron 5 feet behind through the black sphere.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:05 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9301
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Nocturno wrote:
"Oh you mean do the obvious?" Van sighs and looks at the Sorril. "How long have you known my brothers?"
Long enough to know you are little different at times. he teases.


Elidyr grins at his companion's comment. So long as you keep the collapsing tunnels and poison arrow traps in check. He follows the others as Bryce, Zafron then Tabbi go into the black-covered narrow tunnel.

The tunnel continues 30 feet before turning Right and moving downward, then another 30 feet before turning right again... in fact it seems to double back directly beneath the great hall itself... After a long straightaway there are a few more turns, left and right and yet another long straight section at least 50 feet long! One final turn, and the tunnel ends... in a plain stone wall.

===

The door did have a handle on it, yes.

The tunnels are only about 3 ft and roughly circular, so those not of small stature will have to crawl.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:46 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3112
"Wait. Mark the entrance we take." Galan and Faladair follow as well. "I think the riddle said left and left. Not left right and straight..."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:28 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 1149
"Let's look for a secret door says Zafron."

Do we need to roll for this? What's the roll, 1d6?


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:00 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9301
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[The roll is 1d6, but typically that one is made in secret by the DM. So Zafron is checking the end for secret doors. is anyone else doing so, or any other actions?]

Zafron searches the dead-end but doesn't find any secret doors.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:43 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 1149
Tabbi will help him search the end of the tunnel.

If we don't find anything we will also search the right and left side.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:24 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3112
Galan will help searching for secret doors.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:41 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9301
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Tabbi and Galan begin searching the apparent dead-end as well. The experienced halfling rogue scrutinizes the surface, running her fingers across the stone wall and testing every knob and cranny. Suddenly there is an almost imperceptible click and a the dead-end shimmers and shifts outward. She whistles in appreciation of the craftsmanship, but it is clear that magic was also involved in its concealment.

Beyond, those in front can see what is obviously some form of temple area.

There are scenes of normal life painted on the walls, but the people have rotting flesh, skeletal hands, worms eating them, etc. Yet there are also depicted various religious symbols of good alignment. A mosaic path leads a large, Opalescent altar that seems to glow with a faint blueish ting. To either side great wooden pews face the worship area.

A wooden railing divides the room. South of the rail is the altar, a tiered dais with a wooden chair (which is nicely carved and padded but unremarkable), 2 large brass candelabra holding 5 white candles each (which illuminate the area). In each corner a large white pottery urn stoppered with a brass and wood plug is positioned.

To one side of the room, a humanoid skeleton in black chain mail (badly rusted and torn) lays sprawled on the floor, pointing as if in his final moments to a now-familiarly designed Archway of glowing orange mist

=====
Tabbi and Galan can see this and we can assume they would describe it to everyone before entering.

One hex (white) is about 5 feet. One black square is about 10 feet. Thus the rom is about 70 x 70 feet
Attachment:
ToH 14.jpg
ToH 14.jpg [ 281.89 KiB | Viewed 719 times ]


Attachments:
ToH 14 img.jpg
ToH 14 img.jpg [ 223.32 KiB | Viewed 718 times ]
Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:58 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3112
"Oh. Temple. This dude desperately wanted to get to the archway..." Galan observes. "Well, you know the drill. Let's search the room."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:13 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 1149
If Galan doesn`t enter right away, Zafron will push him to the side and step into the room.

"What do you want to search first, Galan? First brothers shall we sit down and enjoy a meal? We can sit down and take a load of our feet. These benches might be more comfortable than the ground we slept on last night."

Zafron will head to the first bench in front of the door. He will examine the floor in front of him for pits or traps.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:53 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9301
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Zafron checks the floor where the tunnel enters the room, and up to/around the nearest pews. His investigation turns up nothing suspicious or dangerous


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3112
"Huh?" Galan says a bit surprised, but then chuckles thinking to himself 'Dwarves...'. "I thought of checking the walls for traps, but yeah, meal sounds good as well." He smiles letting Zafron go on his way.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:32 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 1149
Zafron pulls out a ration and says to Galan, "why don't you join me before you start turning this room around."

After a eating a ration he says. "Where do you want to start the search?"


Last edited by counterkid on Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:26 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3112
Galan accepts the food, "Thanks!" and once done answers Zafron, "Walls, for traps like shooting darts, then Altar, then dude on the floor and the foggy archway. That's what I had thought."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group