Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:20 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas encourages Kendra in his mind... 'WE surrender... WE...'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:34 am 
Knight
Knight

Haahqae wanders over towards where the rest of the group is and suggests a course of action.

"Well, that just about wraps things up here. Does someone have some rope we can tie these two up with? Be careful with the mage, his limbs might be stuck in their current position until whatever poison or spell or gadget or whatever hit him works its way out of his system. But see what you can do. I'm sure we can gag him for now to prevent him from doing anything unthinkably stupid when he becomes active again. He may be a bit incompetent as these things go, so there's no reason to tempt him to it."

"Did anyone happen to see where Magnus went? He was really the biggest threat in their group; and he disappeared shortly after we engaged. That can't be good news."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:26 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Stepping back for some room, Magnus conjures a globe of fire right over Shima's head. It drops down on him, burning him further, and he goes down as a result. Gobax then prays to Sirrion for a sword of flame, and a green one springs into existence into his hands. Meanwhile, the sounds of battle in the next room have died out completely.

Meanwhile, William has his allies stabilize the wounded and bind the hands of Kendra, Tulbas and the others.

"I never expected us to live through that fight, much less win it," William admits. "Wait, that's right! The wizard, the biggest threat. He never appeared. He could have easily ended us with a single spell. Why didn't he?"

"Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth," says the woman with the eye-patch. "We bought the others enough time to escape, but they know our base's location now. We can't stay here. It's only a matter of time before reinforcements show up."

==============

Initiative
Magnus : 6+2 = 8
Gobax: 7+4 = 11
Shima: 8+7 = 15

Round 8!

Magnus moves 10 feet north and then casts Flaming Sphere just above Shima. It drops down on him dealing (2d4): 1,3 = 4 damage. Shima automatically fails his save and takes full damage. Shima falls.
Shima is bleeding out.
Gobax casts Flame Blade, conjuring a green sword of fire.

Attachment:
Central Haven Sewers 29.jpg
Central Haven Sewers 29.jpg [ 56.7 KiB | Viewed 1187 times ]

(OOC: Green is not really associated with Sirrion, and in fact is often the color of 'evil magic' in Dragonlance, but sure, why not? Actions for Round 9?)

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:30 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Still held but now close to Haaque, Tulbas realizes for the first time in all the time he knows the guy, what the Gnome really thinks of him. It takes him quite by a shock. He was fond of the careless creature and did try to help him with access to books and such. He also offered to help him with his performance and they fought together on several occasions and he invited him to the mageware shop while Raetmal was alive. 'The black robes??' Tulbas thinks to himself. Still such disrespect and mockery... Luckily being held hides his emotions and gives him time to consider it more rationally. And... he is still alive! 'I wonder why being alive comes only at second place to my mind and Haaques behavior was first...' Tulbas tries to analyze his own reaction.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 am 
King
King

Grubnick rushes around the corner with his newly created sword and towards Magnus; attacking him with the fiery blade!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:09 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra remains quiet as she listens to her now captures on what they plan on doing. She also stares at the dead body of Sadron. She wants to cry for various reasons, but she manages not to do so. "What are your plans for us?" she finally asks softly without looking up at the others.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:27 am 
Knight
Knight

With the prisoners being subdued; Haahqae is more or less free to do what he wants. Which is somewhat confusing because an hour ago he had never even thought of fighting two of his former companions... well not those two; the other four here he was more then planning to fight and defeating them feels sweet. But also incomplete. He'll dwell on that a little more soon.

But for now; what to do with Kendra and Tulbas? "I don't know. We can't just let you go free; with all the attacking us and stuff. What would you have done if you had won? Probably tortured and executed us without grounds for conviction or telling the people of this city what was going on? That seems par for the course with this dragonarmy. But we're better then that."

"Your husband might be a jerk, but I really don't want to leave him a widower today, and I'm really not fold of torture in general. There are much better ways to get more reliable information that don't involve as much blood and pain. As for you."
Haahqae turns to Tulbas, "I'm guessing you're probably only here because Magnus forced you to come with him. I really don't care about leaving him without an apprentice, but you've been nice to me in the past and I'd like to think that you have a good heart in there. Even if you do get yourself captured a lot and make a lot of promises that you have no intention of keeping, and disappear without notice for weeks when someone needs you the most of all."

"So I don't know. Can we keep them until they amend their ways or we free the city?"
Haahqae's not sure who he's addressing with that last one. The rebellion didn't seem to have much in terms of leadership, or at least not competent leadership anyways.

Meanwhile, Yvette and Xlyena owe him a rather large debt. Nice of them to show up and offer to pay it back like this. Haahqae makes his way over to those two and searches them for anything that looks valuable; be it coin purses; weaponry, jewelry, magical items or official documents.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:23 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

As Gobax rounds the corner, Magnus sends the flaming sphere rolling right at the goblin. However, he manages an impressive jump over it, avoiding it entirely. Then he slashes his flame sword at Magnus, but some kind of invisible armor seems to deflect the blow. It seems that although Magnus appears to be wearing only his robes, he has some kind of magical protection, as well. "I'll burn you to ash, just like your friend!" Magnus hisses in annoyance.

Kendra watches as William kneels down next to Sadron, places hands on his chest, and begins to pray. A golden glow covers his hands and seeps into Sadron's battered body, mending his wounds. Sadron suddenly wakes up, coughing and sputtering. "What happened?"

"Easy now," William says. "You're alive. You'll be okay."

"And Kendra?" the elf asks weakly.

"She lives, as well," William responds.

Haahqae wrote:
"Can we keep them until they amend their ways or we free the city?"

"The smart thing to do would be to end them all right now," Fiona notes.

"We aren't monsters," states William.

"I'm just being serious. We can't just leave them here. And we can't take them with us," she replies.

"We aren't killers," William retorts. "That is what separates us from them."

Fiona sighs in frustration. "We can't afford the luxury of principles, William."

"Principles are all we have!" William proclaims. "Enough. I won't hear any more of it. We'll take the Villain of Haven and the wizard's apprentice with us. They may have useful intel, and failing that, might make useful hostages. The rest we leave here. I don't know why Magnus disappeared, but we shouldn't assume he will stay away for good. He may well just be waiting for my silence circle to end, so he can come in and vaporize the rest of us. Let's hurry and get going." He helps Sadron to his feet.

Pen moves over to the wall and opens a secret door. "Looks like everyone else got out in time."

"Good. I didn't expect any of us to live through this, but Paladine has decided we are to still live for now. Let's not waste the opportunity he has given us," William says.

Miriam takes the extra precaution of gagging Tulbas, so he cannot speak once the holding spell wears off. She forces Kendra to her feet, and then picks up Tulbas as if he were light as a feather and slings the paralyzed elf over her shoulder.

Searching Xyleena, Haahqae finds a sabre, a light crossbow, about half a dozen bolts and a suit of leather armor (m-sized). Yvette was carrying a rapier, a light crossbow, and half a dozen bolts, as well. If any of these items are magical, Haahqae cannot tell by looking at them. For some reason, neither of them deigned to bring coin or precious jewelry with them down into the sewers to fight the resistance. They in all likelihood left such things somewhere more secure (not that such things would be useful to Haahqae now, he can't exactly go up on the streets and start buying and selling now that he's been seen working with the resistance). He does not find any paperwork, but he does take note of some strange tattoos on their right forearms. He is fairly sure they were not there last time he saw them. The tattoos resemble the five headed dragon symbols that Takhisis favors so much.

==============

Initiative
Shima: 8

Round 9!

Magnus moves the flaming sphere toward Gobax. Gobax saves vs. spell (1d20): 20, pass. He takes no damage.
Shima is bleeding out.
Gobax approaches Magnus and swings his flame blade at Magnus [TH 14] (1d20): 4, miss.

Attachment:
Central Haven Sewers 30.jpg
Central Haven Sewers 30.jpg [ 43.5 KiB | Viewed 1158 times ]

(OOC: Actions for Round 10?)

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:50 am 
King
King

Not if i burn you down first, servant of the Dragon Queen! Gobax growls, pressing the attack.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:43 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra stares in awe as Sadron is brought back to life. She was so certain that she had killed him, which was tearing her up inside. ~Why is he asking about me?~ she thinks to herself as she continues to hold back her tears. ~He shouldn't be asking about me. I almost killed him,~ she continues to think. She knows she doesn't deserve people thinking about her like that. It then occurs to her that the reason why he is asking is because he is wishing that she was dead. That makes a lot more sense in her mind. "Using me to get to the prefect is your best chance with whatever you plan on doing," she says softly to William as she dragged to her feet. "Which means you had probably pick up my swords, and send them to him as a gift to let him know that I am still alive."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:19 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Magnus wills the flaming orb to come after Gobax again, but once more he is able to avoid it. The goblin then slashes again with his flameblade. Whereas previous attacks have bounced off the wizard's skin as if he were made of stone, the flame blade actually connects and burns him--perhaps its magical nature allows it to bypass his defenses. Swearing profusely, Magnus demands, "What power is this?!"

Meanwhile, William dispells the heat on Kendra's swords and Sadron picks them up gingerly. "Let's get going. We don't have much time." Miriam nods and gives Kendra a push toward the secret door, to make her move forward.

==============

Initiative
Shima: 8

Round 10!

Magnus steps back 5 feet and then moves the flaming sphere toward Gobax. Gobax saves vs. spell (1d20): 19, pass. He takes no damage.
Shima is bleeding out.
Gobax approaches Magnus and swings his flame blade at Magnus [TH 14] (1d20): 18, hit for (1d4+4): 4+4 = 8 damage. Magnus becomes moderately wounded.

Attachment:
Central Haven Sewers 31.jpg
Central Haven Sewers 31.jpg [ 43.49 KiB | Viewed 1103 times ]

(OOC: Actions for Round 11?)

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:32 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas wonders what would have happen if the result of the battle was opposite. Of course the rebels would have been tortured and executed. He doesn't show any resistance when tied up ( :) ) and just waits to see how things will fold.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:02 am 
King
King

Gobax presses the attack, The Dragon Queen was not the only old god to return. Sirrion's flame will purge her rot from the world. Give it up. Surrender. drop that fire orb and i'll let you live, and the others can have you.

====
[If Magnus surrenders and drops the flame sphere, gobax will have him gag himself, then tie him.]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:49 pm 
Knight
Knight

Taking everything valuable from the bodies; Haahqae searches them just a little more to see if either of they carried a key to their estate before pushing them off into the muck of the sewers. A burial well deserved by those two. The weapons and armor he could redistribute to more worthy recipients soon.

He turns his attention to address Kendra's suggestion as he takes a quick look over the other bodies to check for valuables.

"I wouldn't find that advisable. Those swords are dangerous weapons and valuable in their own right. At least one of them is magical, and a better weapon then I've ever held in my life. Except briefly when I gave it to her. I would much rather not run into a guard wielding them in the future. Instead, don't we have our own warriors who could use them? Perhaps the elf here, they appear more his style of weapon."

"I don't think sending our enemy weapons will convince him that one of his soldiers is alive. And I don't think he would care enough even if it did convince him to change his course of action. From my experience; the dragonarmy never admits mistakes, no matter how stupid it was in the first place, and is over-fearful of any sort of rebellion that might possibly exist. Trying to make friends with the army will just get us all betrayed and killed."

If Haahqae doesn't hear the din of battle from the other room; he will then follow the other resistance personelle to meet up with the rest of the group.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:44 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra moves forward after being pushed, and smirks at Haahqae words. "That's funny coming from you, since it wasn't too long ago that you tried to make friends with the dragon army," she says. "You were the one to put on that show for them," she points out. "Unlike the rest of you, I have worked closely with the prefect for some time now. I have an idea on how he works, and for a mere solider he wouldn't bat an eye for one," she explains. "But for me, he might because I'm not just one of his mere soldiers. He asked me to marry him shortly before he sent me on this mission."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Advanced search