Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:25 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: WotL OOC Thread IV
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:28 pm 
Knight
Knight

And 2 more questions, what's the lighting like in the cell and can a cantrip be used to create temporary words? (Like an illusion cantrip making a 2D image of a note that can be read).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:41 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahque wrote:
what's the lighting like in the cell

Non-existent. It's completely dark, except when the door is open. However, both Ismene and Haahqae have infravision, so it's not a burden.

Haahque wrote:
can a cantrip be used to create temporary words? (Like an illusion cantrip making a 2D image of a note that can be read).

Do you mean creating words themselves? Like making a message appear in the air or on the floor or wall? Sure. If you mean an illusion of a piece of paper with words on it, I suppose that's possible. Either way, it must be 2D (all visual illusions made with cantrips are 2D), it would only last as long as he concentrates on it, it would dispel immediately upon being touched.

Either way, there's a limit on how many words can be on it, too. Maybe no more than a sentence or two. A paragraph or longer is likely out of the question.

Also, it would obviously need to be a language he knows.

Haahque wrote:
find a way in through the other door (is that unguarded?)

If you are referring to the southeast door, then no, it isn't guarded (unless someone is guarding it from the other side).

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:11 pm 
Knight
Knight

For the door to Ismene's prison-hall, is there a space under it large enough for a mouse to slip through?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:29 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Sure, Miracle could probably squeeze under there unnoticed.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:00 pm 
Knight
Knight

I'm going to be away from Friday this week until Friday next week. My plan from here mostly involves waiting until the guards are sleepy so that Haahqae can talk to Ismene through cantrips. This means he's going to be doing most of his stuff when you're usually done your chapter (after curfew), as he plans to spend the night in the mansion.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:15 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

So it looks like everyone has stopped posting by this point but BishGada. So once we wrap up his scene, I'll go ahead and close the chapter, calculate XP, and so forth.

Next chapter will be the penultimate one (or possibly the finale, depending on how things play out) and will involve a two month timeskip (thus placing us in the dead of winter).

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:22 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Okay, chapter is locked. I'll get XP up soon.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:59 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Alright, XP is up. I went ahead and removed Ne-Chanz's stat block (Spyguy hasn't logged in since February).

Before I start setting up the next chapter, was there anything anyone wants their characters to take care of over the two month time skip?

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:52 am 
Knight
Knight

Yeah, I'd like to rescue Ismene.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:50 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Okay. I'm still not clear why you couldn't have done that in the past month, and needed to wait for the chapter to end first.

What does he do? I gave Haahqae an opening by having the servant not only lead him down there, but open the door for him, when he gave Ismene food. But rather than take that opportunity, Haahqae left the room when the servant did. The door is locked and closed and guarded and another servant won't come until breakfast the next day. So how does he get into the room?

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:25 am 
Knight
Knight

Yeah, sorry about that. I meant to sleep, but then continue the chapter at a slight timeshift from the rest, since I figured my best chance of conversing with Ismene unnoticed was at nighttime via cantrips and notes on Arcane. Breaking Ismene out right then seemed like a bad plan, seeing as there were so many unknowns, there were active guards nearby and someone actively watching her; and Haahqae didn't even know how to get out of the mansion reliably. Putting it on high alert and hoping someone just happened to walk out the front door didn't seem smart. And ontop of that, Haahqae had almost blown all his spells for the day.

And, as noted, Ismene is missing her familiar. Rescuing one without the other probably spells death for the ferret, which would be rather devastating to Ismene and not something Haahqae would want to do.

The first question Haahqae was going to ask Ismene through cantrips/mouse carrier was going to be "Where is Arcane?" The plan was essentially to figure out Ismene's situation and go from there; trying to figure out if she can give insights into how she's guarded, what she needs with her when she escapes (like Arcane) and if she knows of a good hiding spot when she does escape. He'll mention the sewers and ask if she's knows/has memorized the feather fall spell. he'll also ask about her spellbook (Does she have it? Where is it?).

He'll then probably do more reconnaissance around the mansion to try and find Arcane and anything else he needs to aquire, such as her spellbook/other stuff she needs.

He'll have to do a risk-assessment of neutralizing the guards, likely by trying to get them drunk silly since he doesn't have any real knowledge of poisons and is rather weak in combat. If he cannot neutralize the guards with a reasonable level of risk, he will have to plan out an escape route before the servant comes in the morning to give Ismene her breakfast

If possible, Haahqae would like to take a rest before trying to break Ismene out, so that he'll regain his complement of spells.

Why I didn't do this last month was to start with being on vacation/away from computers, then when I got back it's probably due to being rather short on sleep and unable to organize my thoughts to a point of feeling competent enough to put high risk plans into action in this game. Sorry about that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:35 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Can you elaborate on what you mean by communicating with her via cantrips or mouse courier? Miracle can speak to Haahqae, because he is he partner, but she cannot speak to anyone else, including Ismene. Unless you meant you were going to write notes and tie them to Miracle, but as Haahqae has no paper or ink or string, I wasn't sure how that would work. And even if he secured some, it's safe to assume Ismene has no means to write anything back.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:10 pm 
Duke
Duke

Well, did Kendra manage to free her husband? If so, she would obviously start staying with the prefect because that was kind of the deal, and she would try her hardest to get a divorce from Norris as she is able to take care of her family at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:06 am 
Knight
Knight

Yep. I was under the belief that a cantrip of some sort (probably conjuration) could create a piece of paper with words on it that I choose (aka a note). As for delivering the note, I was planning on having Miricle deliver it, holding the note in her mouth if she can, otherwise I might have to find or conjure up a piece of rope for the notes.

For her replying back, illusion cantrips would work, as I plan to be watching while she reads the note(s); however if she can't cast them right now (or doesn't want to) then Haahqae (or Ismene) might have to figure something else out; such as a piece of chalk or coal to write on the paper. I think that Haahqae does have a piece of chalk in his pack.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:34 pm 
Baron
Baron

Tulbas would try to regroup with Haaque and Gobax. Also if he would get close to Kendra, trying to meet her daily and try to heal her bad self esteem. Lastly if Magnus have missions for him he will do that + continue his research of new spells.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Advanced search