Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "To Skald" (Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:29 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"I don't think so... if it is open it is being begged to be entered! How could that be wrong!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:55 pm 
Count
Count

“I get it, Merrick, thanks,” whispers Jerry as she tries to snuggle his arm. “I want you to know I wouldn’t do that. He seemed off. It was just greed but I feared he was other than as he appeared. You know..”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:13 pm 
Prince
Prince

Upper Skald, The Grand Hall of Song and Dance: Adrastia, Elsa, Mira and Pyros
Elsa shakes her head, half amused half in wonder at Pyros. Gods help me, I think I’m finally beginning to understand you… The Halfling nods at Mira’s remark, She’s young, and she has got a fire in her. If she ever learns to control it, look out world.

Adrastia grunts again as the girl departs, Reminds me too much of someone I used to know. She mutters, blinking after as if surprised she had said that, even under her breath. Shall we back to the inn then? I might need to ask some questions around the Old Kartakan later tonight, but I want to be prepared first.

Lower Skald: Jerry and Merrick
The half elf doesn’t resist, and pats her arm gently back after only the briefest moment as she holds him. Well… no harm done… Just… just be careful please… Merrick leads them back towards the city gate, The others said they would meet us at the inn, he says as they pass through. Re-entering the opposite gate, the pair return to the Broken Wheel, finding themselves the first to arrive.

[unless Jerry wanted to make another stop somewhere?]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:20 pm 
Count
Count

Jerry enjoys their closeness as the pair return to the Broken Wheel.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:25 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"You understanding me? I don't even understand me... but I guess I never really stopped to try."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:19 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Thats why I like her." She replies and watching the Girl depart. "Someone you used to know? Funny, it reminds me of someone I still know, she simply forgot who that was, lost in a haze of blood and Dragons." Where had that person gone? The one who walked from Haven through a war zone to find a place she called home? She used to be no different to that girl, war, starvation, fighting to survive.. they had pushed all those dreams aside.

"You think you understand Kender, and then you get totally turned around." She winks, forcing herself to consider Elsa and Pyros before shaking her head, standing as she does so and returns to the Inn. "Come, lets go back, we can't learn anything else here."

Why had she come here? To find a Crown for some woman she barely knew on the small chance it might take her home... home? Her home was slowly becoming a distant memory, perhaps it was because she had been here so much longer than the others? They still remembered home, and for most of them it actually seemed like a place they might wish to return to.. what did she have left?

No family, a job that barely gave her enough to eat let alone live... the thought of what she had to do just to keep a roof over her head sent a shudder down her spine, she'd pushed the memories aside yet now they had bubbled back up to the surface.. That greasy old.... his hands on her. Shuddering suddenly she nearly trips, her mind dragging back to the present.

Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:11 am 
Prince
Prince

Upper Skald: Adrastia, Elsa, Mira and Pyros
Adrastia gives a considering look at the bard and nods. Yes… well… wait.. Dragons? Her look turns amused. Looking around she lowers her voice slightly, You don’t know about the shape-changers but you believe in flying lizards that breathe fire…? The warrior shakes her head in amusement.

Elsa chuckles at Pyros’ reaction. Sure! I just think of what my little cousin would do when he is hopped up on sweets. She grins widely, He’s 8 this year. She laughs, but hugs the Kender around the shoulders. Adrastia Smirks at the remark, seemingly recovered her humor from before.

The Halfling notices the Bard’s darkening mood and pats her comfortingly on the back. Hey… you ok…? Listen… we’ll get out of here, alright? I know things aren’t great in your homeland, so you can come stay with me! She grins, her infectious upbeat attitude doing its best to combat the gloom. You’ve never seen a Halfling feast or the annual storytelling competition! You’ll love it! And we’ll drink the freshest mead made from pure clover-honey and you can sing your songs and people will love it!

Before long, the group makes their way back down to the Broken wheel, the last 20 feet or so of the stretch descending the hill proves rather steep, but they manage. Inside the four can see they are the first of the group to return. There are still not many patrons about, only 3 or 4, but Erris stands behind the counter cleaning the bartop. Her expression brightens as the group enters. Ah! You made it after all. Thomas said you had. She calls out in Elven.

Upper Skald: Jerry and Merrick
Merrick leads Jerry back towards the inn quietly; whether from nervousness or simply enjoying her company she could not say. The pair spot the other women of the group and Pyros as they move into the Broken Wheel just a moment ahead of them. [They see the same things inside but don’t hear Erris call out]

Upper Skald, The Broken Wheel: [Everyone]
A few minutes later Cross and Artanis return to the inn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:54 am 
Count
Count

Jerry waves at the group with her free hand and smiles as they approach the other.
"What breaks? Apart from things near a certain little fellow." She smiles at Pyros, the subject of her teasing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:20 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"What? Oh, haha!" Hearing the barkeep speak elven Pyros will order and ale and some type of quick snack he can eat quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:37 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Believe? When you have a huge Red fly over you, trust me you believe. And they don't all breathe fire!" Mira responds totally deadpan, "These things don't exist where I come from."

"I know Elsa, sorry, bad memories thats all the dreams don't help. I was just thinking why we are here, we need to be damn sure that this thing can help us." turning her attention to the Halfing more she nods, "That sounds really nice, I just wanted to sing my songs." She explains as they walk into the Inn.

"Erris!" Miras face brightens as she approaches the bar giving the woman a warm smile, "We were just exploring, its different." Noting Merrick and Jerry she waves a hand and then to the others. "It looks like we are back together at last. When would you like me on stage Erris? I need to do a little prep and some practice, I had an idea for a new song and I'd Iike to get it ready."

Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Advanced search